Senior Manager, Liquidity Risk
Requisition ID: 74678
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
The Liquidity & Interest Rate Risk (LIRR) Group plays a key role in formulating the Bank's risk appetite and governance framework, and provides independent oversight of the Bank's liquidity, structural and non-trading risks. Scotiabank's approach to risk management is a globally recognized competitive advantage that balances sound judgement, effective tools, collaboration and oversight. Our greatest strength is the expertise and commitment of our people, and we are committed to attracting, developing and rewarding a diverse group of high-performing employees.
As the Senior Manager Liquidity Risk
, you will play a key role in the Bank's Liquidity Risk Oversight function. You will be expected to provide forward looking insights that contribute to the successful execution of the Liquidity Risk Mandate. Success in this role is determined by a combination of accountabilities and demonstration of core values - Ownership, Curiosity, Drive, Courage and Team-First. What will you do in this role?
What we're looking for
- Contribute to the implementation of an effective liquidity risk management framework aligned with the Bank's risk appetite, regulatory requirements, and best practices.
- Provide independent and effective second line oversight of the liquidity, funding and collateral management activities of Group Treasury.
- Collaborate with business partners in achievement of the Bank's goals by contributing expertise on liquidity risk and related regulations and strategically influencing risk-based business decisions.
- Provide senior management with forward-looking analytical insights into the Bank's liquidity risk profile.
- Drive the implementation of best practices and analytical techniques for evaluating the liquidity risk impact of the Bank's products and strategies;
- Provide subject matter expertise on liquidity risk and related regulations, including providing input for liquidity risk related policies and guidelines for the Bank's international branches and subsidiaries;
- Play a leading role in the application of technology to enhance liquidity risk management.
What's in it for you?
- Practical knowledge of a broad range of capital markets and deposit products;
- Solid understanding of bank treasury functions and funding programs;
- Progressive risk management experience, preferably including recent liquidity risk experience;
- Familiarity with stress testing methodologies and processes;
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills ;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Relationship building and collaboration;
- Knowledge and experience with implementing Basel III and related regulatory frameworks is desirable.
- The opportunity to join a forward-thinking company surrounded by a collaborative team of innovative thinkers
- A rewarding career path with diverse opportunities for professional development
- Internal development to support your growth and enhance your skills
- An organization committed to making a difference in our communities- for you and our customers
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
This position is located on King St W, Toronto
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank's six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Risk Management, Bank, Banking, Developer, Law, Finance, Technology, Legal