Senior Manager Incident and Problem
The Senior Manager, Incident & Problem Management is accountable to ensure efficient, reliable, and available technology service delivery for Channels Technology. The incumbent will liaison with all internal IT teams, vendors, business representatives and LOB management, coordinating the rapid recovery of incidents in a 24/7 environment. The incumbent will coordinate the communication of planned infrastructure outages as well as unplanned major infrastructure problems; ensuring affected users and management receive updates and resolution notifications. The candidate will help facilitate the use of the ITIL framework and actively contribute to and participate in problem identification and severity assessment as well as the overall Incident and Problem resolution, including leading Root Cause Analysis Investigations and ensuring Remediation plans are implemented. ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Maintains an understanding of all major problems, issues, trends, and changes in the supported environments.
- 5+ years of People Manager experience
- Partners with Technology, Product Operations, LOB executives and senior management to ensure awareness of service issues, trends, and mitigation plans.
- Continuously seeks improvement opportunities to ensure service availability and Channels Technology platform expectations are managed and met.
- Facilitates effective working relationships between Channels Technology & technology partners through value-added representation of each business groups service needs, priorities, and issues..
- 7/24/365 on call requirement in support of major incidents coupled with Major Incident participation
- Tracks incidents to ensure root cause is identified, mitigation plans are in place and summaries provided to business partners.
- Governs control mechanisms for reliable and available service to Channels Technology Platform in accordance with SLA's
- Acts as escalation point for systemic customer satisfaction issues in Channels Technology groups
- Implements standards for technical documentation, incident and problem management, and management reporting
- Is responsible for ensuring continuity, availability, and service restoration
- Expedites timely, efficient, and effective resolution of service issues in order to optimize reliability and availability of systems
- Represents CIO Teams at client's Executives/Senior Management committees and meetings to ensure responsive and comprehensive understanding of issues and opportunities
- Recommends integrated solutions and opportunities to CIO's and their Senior Managers to increase quality of service and client satisfaction
- Accountable to ensure timely and effective resolution of service issues for Channels Technology to optimize availability and reliability of service
- Contributes to BMO Financial Group's overall business results by making recommendations that significantly improve operational efficiency and effectiveness
- Possesses a university degree/college diploma in related discipline(s) or equivalent work experience, and/or 10+ years' experience in operations management position
- General knowledge of Bank's technical environments and supported applications
- Displays expert knowledge of Bank technology standards and guidelines
- Demonstrates advanced experience in service level agreements management and vendor relations
- Is able to achieve results that meet both short and long term business objectives
- Exhibits a proven track record in achieving or exceeding objectives
- Maintains an advanced understanding of the T&O organization and stays abreast of the current organizational state
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge of ITIL framework; Problem Management, Change Management, Incident, Configuration, Release Management and Service Level Management.
We're here to help
- Possesses expert communication skills, both written and verbal
- Is able to effectively persuade, convince, and negotiate with influence in order to support platform objective
- Good understanding of statistical and analytical principles and processes.
- Practical application of ITSM operational processes.
- Demonstrates expert relationship management skills, advanced management and coaching skills
- Proven ability to manage in crisis situations and work under high stress conditions
- Demonstrates expert problem solving skills
- Illustrates expert planning and project management skills
- Exhibits advanced leadership skills
- Is highly motivated and adaptable
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do - helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future-the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we're changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.