Senior Manager, IT Risk
Requisition ID: 69918
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off. The Team
The Transformation Office plays a critical role in enabling Enterprise Technology to deliver against its mission to b ring innovation and value to the Bank with confidence and reliability, by acting as a catalyst for Risk Management across the division. The Role
The Senior Advisor, IT Risk, will play an active role on the team by collaboratively assessing, analyzing and quantifying IT risk, designing controls and assisting in their implementation. Part of a strategic and comprehensive IT Risk Management function, you will ensure control implementation in accordance with regulatory expectations, risk appetite, organizational risk practices and evolving business practices.
Some of the key accountabilities include:
What You'll Bring to Succeed
- Assess, prioritize and develop remediation plans for material risks in portfolio
- Conduct detailed risk assessments, identify pervasive risk issues and develop preventative solutions
- As a subject matter expert, key point of contact to facilitate risk management and ensure appropriate controls are implemented
- Implement optimized processes to risk management
- Breadth of IT and Risk management experience (governance, operations, audit, control functions, compliance, and risk management), over 7+ years.
- Data analytics and visualisation (PowerBI/Excel)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (written/verbal)
- Proven relationship management skills
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) and Certified in Risk and Information System Control (CRISC) are assets.
- Spanish language an asset
- We are technology partners who help the business transform how our employees around the world work
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- We foster an environment of innovation and continuous learning
- We care about our people, allowing them to design how they work to deliver amazing results
- We offer a competitive total rewards package, including a performance bonus, company matching programs (on pension & profit sharing), and generous vacation
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Developer, Law, Information Systems, Risk Management, Compliance, Technology, Legal, Finance