Senior Manager, Compliance - Canadian Banking
Requisition ID: 73156
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off. Purpose
Leads and oversees a Canadian Banking Compliance Program with a strong focus on secured lending, in Global Compliance, Canadian Banking ensuring business strategies, plans and initiatives are executed / delivered in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures. Accountabilities
Education / Experience:
- Oversee and monitor Canadian Banking regulatory compliance program for the secured business to identify areas of regulatory compliance risk.
- Provide support to the Director Compliance, Canadian Banking to monitor the secured lending business' Compliance operations to ensure that regulatory risks are managed effectively and efficiently and in accordance with the firm's Risk Appetite.
- Provide advice and counsel to Canadian Banking Businesses with respect to regulatory compliance, products, programs, policies and procedures.
- Identifies trends and/or gaps across businesses and reports findings with recommendations on how to improve the effectiveness of first line controls to the Director and Senior Management.
- Works with Canadian Banking businesses to implement regulatory change, and to enhance controls for existing regulatory requirements.
- Pro-actively identifies potential violations of regulatory requirements, internal policies and procedures, in a timely manner and makes recommendations to mitigate business, compliance and operational risk.
- Works closely with counterparts in Compliance across Global Compliance to share best practices, avoid silos, and ensure consistency and alignment to the Enterprise Compliance Framework.
- Maintains deep knowledge & understanding of industry issues and practices, regulatory requirements and associated changes.
- Supports the development of internal policies aligned with applicable industry regulations and reflective of rule changes from various regulatory bodies.
- Provide training to the businesses on emerging issues, regulatory trends, and industry best practices.
- Support the Canadian Banking team with ad-hoc compliance projects.
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting, finance or law, with a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience in the financial services industry, preferably within a regulatory compliance, audit or risk management function.
- Knowledge of the banking secured lending business, preferable within regulatory compliance, audit, operations or risk management function.
- Ability to drive success in a high performing, flexible and small team environment.
- Excellent knowledge of Canadian Banking business and regulatory compliance requirements.
- Strong analytical and communication skills, results orientation and data driven approach in decision making.
- Experience with providing insights to and interacting with the business.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Experience using analytics to identify areas of risk and opportunities for improvement.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank's six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Bank, Banking, Compliance, Law, Developer, Finance, Legal, Technology