Senior Manager Application Software Development - Digital Channels
We're on a mission:
Help craft the future of how BMO's customers and prospects interact with us securely over digital channels.
Make your mark by helping us reimagine how we interact with our customers and create the experiences that matter to them.
We're building a team of passionate people, working collaboratively to reimagine secure banking for the digital age. Why now and why BMO?
We believe our customers' lives are changing - and we need to change with them. From day-to-day life to the moments that matter, our customers are increasingly defining success in different ways and we need to be there to help. This means meeting our customers where and how they expect to bank.
At BMO, we believe we must respond to our customers by becoming a customer experience-led, digitally-enabled bank. Driven by a deep understanding of our customers and willingness to constantly challenge the status quo, we believe we can meet the challenge before us. We also believe we have the best digital strategy in the industry and best corporate culture to deliver on our goals. How?
We are building strong teams, combining people with different skills and knowledge, to accelerate our customer experience. These teams will work in both Agile and Iterative manner, in a vibrant space, and embrace the latest methods, tools, and technologies to drive innovation and change. The team will work in a cross-functional organization, empowered and have the resources and authority to drive a customer-led digital transformation.
As a Senior Manager Application Software Development
- Report directly to the Director, Senior Technology Officer
- Act as a thought leader in software development
- Champion new approaches and help transform our technological capabilities within our online banking and mobile platforms.
- Create a culture of collaboration and innovation through providing leadership to Technical Specialists and Developers.
- Collaborate with business and technology stakeholders to drive change throughout the organization, enhancing the customer experience and BMO's risk posture.
- Build team's capability in the area of new technology developments that support our business strategies.
- Review and provide feedback for requirements and design for the domain.
- Understand business needs and drive design patterns and high level and low level designs for the team.
- Take accountability for code quality, ensure code is reviewed, reusable and testable, meeting strategic architectural-design and customer requirements.
- Have expert knowledge to influence and set corporate direction for software development best-practices, concepts, technology and methodology.
- Passion and customer-focus which are integral to your success as your technical skills and experience.
- First hand familiarity in leading technical solution or providing architecture guidance in the area of Authentication, Authorization, Microservices API and back-end services or technologies
- Experience in setting up development standards for web applications and/or APIs.
- Lead a nimble development team with 10-20 developers
- Full-stack Java development experience for mobile app (hybrid or native), mobile web and desktop browser contexts
- Solid experience with
- Spring Boot,
- Microservices architecture,
- CI/CD processes and tooling.
- Understanding of Software Security Concepts such as Encryption, Signing, Authentication and secure coding practices.
- Understanding of Modern Authentication and Authorization Standards such as OAuth, OIDC and SAML
- Knowledge of Swagger API Developer Tools / OAS (Open API Specification)
- IaaS/PaaS technologies and cloud computing platforms such as Docker container or OpenShift
- Experience in building highly-available and scalable distributed services / distributed systems.
- DevOps concepts (Continuous Integration/Delivery) and tools (Git, Jira, Confluence, Bamboo, Maven, Ansible, Artifactory)
- Experience with setup of high availability environments designed for 24x7 operations.
- Strong ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- 7-10 years of practice as a Software Developer, Software Engineer (SE), Software Development Engineer (SDE), Software Engineer, or Security Software Developer.
- 5+ Experience leading teams of 5-10 developers
- Able to work in Toronto, Canada.
- Experience with RSA Adaptive Authentication, IBM ISAM, Ping Identity, Forgerock, Transmit Security, other IAM platforms.
- Experience with OpenShift
We're here to help
- Downtown Toronto (Yonge and Bloor area)
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do - helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future-the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we're changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network- building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.