Senior Manager, AML Data Projects, AML Transformation Office, Global Risk Management
Requisition ID: 75597
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
Manage the implementation of AML Data initiatives, contributes to the mobilization of the AML Data Domain, and connects into critical transformation and remediation initiatives to provide input from an AML Data Domain perspective. Key Accountabilities:
Education / Experience:
- Manage the implementation of the AML Data initiatives in accordance with AML Program priorities, including:
- Key initiatives required to mobilize the domain and sub-domains (e.g. Name Screening, Transaction Monitoring, CRR, Reporting)
- Link to other new and existing initiatives within AML with heavy data requirements
- Overall view on sequencing and timing of AML data initiatives
- Manage data initiative activities to completion, ensuring that the projects are delivered on time, on budget and in alignment with requirements:
- Source and data elements identification, data profiling, root cause analysis, issue management.
- CDE and ASD registrations
- Conduct data lineage from source to target, including data flows
- Conduct data mapping activities
- Contributes to the mobilization of AML Data domain by leading the implementation activities included in scope of the AML domain and sub-domains such as:
- Identification of data elements and critical data elements
- Definition of data requirements including business, technical and operational metadata, implementing data quality controls and processes
- Ensure requirements are clearly, accurately and thoroughly documented and understood
- Identification and tracking of data quality issues for data belonging to the AML domain
- Execution of data remediation plans with the appropriate team (e.g., frontline owners of applications, IT&S) as required
- Connect into initiatives within AML with heavy data requirements (e.g., CRR model, MIS Reporting):
- Understand what data is required and ensure availability
- Ensure standard definitions across data elements and across CB, IB, and GBM
- Ensure quality of data
- Understand how the Bank's risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions
- Creates an environment in which his/her team pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct
- University degree in Engineering, computer Science or related field
- +5 years of experience in delivering complex data solutions
- Excellent analytical skills
- Experience and knowledge of AML business solutions / processes.
- Experience writing production dataset in SQL, OR building internal/production data tools for ETL
- Understanding of Oracle-Mantas, Fircosoft and Hotscan
- Familiar with data management and domain structure is preferred
- Ability to translate business requirements into high level technical requirements (mainly as it relates to data)
- Strong ability to communicate with stakeholders across functions and at all levels (BU, IT, Ops)
- Ability to motivate a team for excellent delivery, ability to conduct quality reviews and provide constructive feedback when required.
- Strong Project management experience
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank's six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Database, Risk Management, Project Manager, Manager, Data Management, Finance, Technology, Management, Data