Senior Manager - Testing Methodology
Tell us your story. Don't go unnoticed. Explain why you're a winning candidate. Think \u0022TD\u0022 if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here's our story: jobs.td.com Department Overview Building a World-Class, Diverse and Inclusive Technology Team at TD
We can't afford to be boring. Neither can you. The scale and scope of what TD does may surprise you. The rapid pace of change makes it a business imperative for us to be smart and open-minded in the way we think about technology. TD's technology and business teams become more intertwined as new opportunities present themselves. This new era in banking does not equal boring. Not at TD, anyway. Department Overview
TD Testing and Quality Assurance (QA) covers a specialized area dedicated to high-quality application and solution delivery. Similar to industry trends, TD's definition of this area of discipline (as well as skill and knowledge requirements) has changed over time. One thing hasn't changed \u2013 experts in this area remain highly-marketable across businesses.
We are on a journey for Enterprise Operational Excellence focusing on innovation and changing the way we deliver projects at TD by reducing costs, time to market & risk and increasing predictability of outcome. Within the Enterprise Operational Excellence, modernizing our testing practices is a big focus and our Testing Methodology is one of the key initiatives that will influence how TD delivers and conducts testing in the future. Job Description Job Description:
We are looking for a senior leader who will be accountable for leading the design, implementation and governance of TD's testing methodology. This role will:
Requirements Job Requirements:
- Build relationships and work collaboratively with LOB partners, Technology and Control Partners
- Provide significant thought leadership on the latest testing techniques and processes
- Engage executive stakeholders appropriately to review progress and obtain input, validation, and approval for key design decisions (both business-specific and enterprise-wide)
- Lead in knowledge transfer meetings and forums with senior management, the team, technology and business units
- Anticipates emerging business trends and regulatory/risk issues as a basis for recommending large-scale methodology, technical, functional or operational improvements
- Oversee testing guidance, standards, processes and artifacts through collaboration with control partners, the testing community and delivery stakeholders
- Enable improved delivery predictability across the enterprise, driving resiliency and operational excellence, ultimately leading to a better experience for TD customers
- Identifying, designing & implementing improvements to testing methodologies
- Champion the adoption of testing disciplines across LOBs and provide guidance/consultation at the LOB program/practice level
- Ensure the testing guidance and standards remain fully integrated and aligned with related delivery methodologies (e.g. Waterfall, TD Agile) disciplines (e.g. program & project management, change management) and controls (e.g. enterprise risk, corporate finance)
- Lead the enterprise in defining, collecting, and measuring the ongoing benefits of adopting the TD testing discipline
- Providing methodology input into enterprise governance reviews and respond to requests from control partners
- Providing feedback on proposed changes from other Practice staff and from outside the ETO (e.g. EPDE, Technology) to identify impacts, issues and risks
Additional Information Additional Information
- Undergraduate Degree or Technical Certificate.
- Graduate Degree preferred.
- 10-15 years of experience across various aspects of Technology Delivery
- 5-7 years of experience in Testing Methodology
- Expert knowledge of application testing phases and practices
- Deep knowledge and understanding of Waterfall and Agile/Scrum procedures, processes, and practices
- Experience interfacing with senior and executive level management
- Excellent interpersonal skills with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong change management skills
- Strong decision-making and leadership abilities
- Strong organizational and problem-solving abilities
- Understanding of complexity of working in a large enterprise in relation to infrastructure, application and data
- Strong understanding of Delivery methodologies, including project management, business analysis and development
- Leadership in growing team expertise to align with demand and TD's business and technology direction; assess team capabilities, identify ways to provide and enhance value delivered.
- Knowledge of principles, practices and IT processes appropriate to the quality delivery development and stewardship.
- Previous TD experience is a plus
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs. Hours
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.