Senior Manager - Securities Reporting & Transformation
What is the opportunity?
For forward-thinking and results-focused leaders, this is an opportunity to join the Enterprise Accounting & Initiatives team of Canada's largest company, frequently ranked as one of the top companies to work for in Canada. RBC is internationally recognized for its commitment to innovation, diversity, customer satisfaction and corporate social responsibility. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
The Enterprise Accounting & Initiatives team serves a critical role in providing governance, financial control and advice over RBC's business investment activities, Shareholder's Equity, Securities, Financial Instruments and Legal Entity reporting. Reports produced by the group are highly visible to Senior Management and many are provided to external stakeholders. The team also plays a key role in the execution of future acquisitions, divestitures and reorganizations.
The Senior Manager - Securities Reporting & Transformation provides leadership, efficient and effective management to the team. The Senior Manager, reporting to the Senior Director, is an integral part of fostering team-building, trust and cross-functional efficiencies through effective collaboration with key contributors and stakeholders across a wide range of deliverables. The role provides the opportunity to build relationships with senior members from across Finance, Risk Management and our Business Platforms. What will you do?
What do you need to succeed? Must Have
- Lead and empower a team of 3 professionals to drive timely and accurate delivery of monthly, quarterly and year-end deliverables. Use your unique perspective to set ambitious goals and drive change - challenge the status quo to deliver efficiencies through automation, elimination and/or centralization.
- Lead the quarterly enterprise wide impairment assessment and Quarterly Assurance Review reporting process coordinating across Business Platforms, Finance, Group Risk Management and Treasury, and valuations.
- Provide advice and counsel to Business Platforms on Securities - Held to Collect related matters.
- Transformation of end to end Securities reporting process
- Assist the Securities Reporting Project team in working with the Technology to design future state processes and define solution requirements to achieve them.
- Lead the implementation of process changes and technical solutions that will significantly transformation enterprise wide Securities Reporting.
- Develop the accounting & operational guidance to support the future state process. This could include training of Business Platform Finance and Head Office teams.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders in the completion of other critical tasks for the Bank:
- Work with Head Office Finance teams, including Accounting Policy, to ensure the effective implementation of new accounting requirements.
- Work with Internal and external auditors to ensure effectiveness of internal controls and audit of external disclosures.
Nice to have
- Strong analytical, organizational and problem solving skills; ability to drive process improvements and efficiencies
- Experience in supporting large-scale complex finance transformation projects
- 5+ years' experience in an accounting/finance and reporting environment.
- Advanced technical knowledge of IFRS, particularly with respect to Securities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including ability to communicate effectively to senior executives and business heads
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy and ability to multi-task under tight deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills; specifically able to act as change agent, facilitator and collaborator
- A commitment to develop leaders at every level and elevate your team's performance
What's in it for you?
- Chartered Professional Accountant designation, or International equivalent
- Experience in people management with the demonstrated ability to empower a team to deliver results
- Experience with executive communications
- Strong understanding of financial institutions, including all facets of RBC's business and other activities
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses, flexible benefits and competitive compensation.
- Leaders and mentors who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Learning opportunities to help you sharpen your skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world.
- Development of leadership and technical skills through leading-edge learning development solutions such as our RBC Leadership Development program, career milestone learning programs, and technical training.
Royal Bank of Canada is Canada's largest bank, and one of the largest banks in the world, based on market capitalization. We are one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies, and provide personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, investor services and capital markets products and services on a global basis. We have over 80,000 full- and part-time employees who serve more than 16 million personal, business, public sector and institutional clients through offices in Canada, the U.S. and 37 other countries. For more information, please visit rbc.com . Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers . Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.