Senior Manager - Production Support Services (24 x 7 Operations)
What is the opportunity?
Finance IT is a global technology function within Corporate Systems, responsible for providing operational and change services to enterprise-wide and business-aligned Finance functions. The Global Application Services team comprises over 60 staff who provide a range of operational, support and technical services across a global portfolio of almost 100 Finance IT-owned applications. This is a Senior Manager position within Operations & Support, focused on IT support and maintenance. You will manage a suite of Finance Applications to ensure smooth day-to-day Business Operations and work as a part of the senior management team to deliver best-in-class support services. What will you do?
What do you need to succeed? Must have
- Manage the Finance Application support team across various shifts and multiple geographies to support critical business processes on a 24/7 basis
- Ensure maximum system availability and quick and accurate remediation of issues for the application portfolio (including raising, tracking and reporting issues and conflicts, resolving issues and escalating to senior management as required)
- Promote innovative or improved application support methods and champion their implementation
- Promote the Global Application Support framework and continuous improvement through regular liaison with both Business and IT partners
- Participate in all Global Application Support de-risking initiatives and proactively build programs to de-risk Finance applications across the application portfolio
- Support the integration of new releases, bug fixes, patches and configuration changes into production, including post-release validation activities
- Work to improve system resilience, including both failover and disaster recovery capabilities
- Work closely with the Development Team and Business to gain early project insight and ensure that Global Finance non-functional requirements are understood and embedded into project plans as per SDLC
- 10+ years of management experience within a financial institution, supporting high-volume transaction- and/or accounting-based applications as part of a team providing 24/7 production support
- Ability to identify and institute process improvements
- Ability to effectively apply enhancements, maintenance and support practices and processes
- Analytical approach to issue identification and resolution
- Significant experience building, managing and improving a customer-focused team; ability to mentor and guide direct reports
- Capacity to understand the technical capabilities and limitations of existing and emerging architectures within enterprise and corporate applications
What's in it for you?
- Knowledge of RBC Finance Business products and regulatory processes
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- A world-class training program in financial services
- Flexible work/life balance options
- Opportunities to do challenging work
- Opportunities to take on progressively greater accountabilities