Senior Java Developer - Platform Organization
Requisition ID: 79915
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
As Scotiabank's engine of modernization, the PLATO platform enables technology teams to build software quickly and securely using modern practices. PLATO is an integrated set of technical capabilities, services and processes that encapsulate critical enterprise functions through standardization, re-use and automation.
The PLATO team is comprised of engineers, problem solvers, agilists and creatives in roles such as Enterprise Platform Engineering and Architecture, Enterprise Data Services, Cloud Infrastructure and Architecture, Product Engineering, and Product Management. Together, the team provides the platform that enables the Bank to deliver transformative experiences that help our 24 million customers become better off.
Interested in joining an agile team that's impacting change for our customers around the world? Watch our video
Purpose of the Job
Scotiabank and PLATO are modernizing and establishing Cloud native Banking platforms, application development practices and tools. Our team has develoiped two software products that provide accelerated development of cloud native microservices applications, governance and Architecture as code. These products boost productivity significantly and reduce costs by providing a streamlined process and framework which allows the development team to focus on building business logic. We are looking for a Senior Software Development Manager who will lead the high performing and hgihly skilled development team and be responsible for the delivery of our product's features for various initiatives.
Key Job accountabilites
Primarily focused on day-to-day leadership of the development team of our products using agile methodologies and processes.
- Responsible for the delivery of produts features for several parallel initives.
- Driving Agile ceremonies required for the operation of the team
- Main contact of the team to other teams in the Bank, such as Enterprise Architecture, Delivery Managers, Chief Architects, various client teams, Product Management and Market Management teams
- Drive and facilitate JAD sessions with in the team and with other teams requirted for solution development and design.
- Ideal Candidate has several years of experience leading software development teams who loves to code and build software solutions
- Participating in design discussions focused on scalability and design and implementation best practices.
- Designing technical solutions and strategies for software applications and building detail technical design, deployment & implementation patterns
- Assess and analyze business strategy & requirements, working on breaking-down, scoping and estimating tasks.
- Participating in planning, retrospective sessions and leading stand-ups.
- Our teams are flexible and fast - you will be asked to provide leadership, mentorship, peer review and quality control on a daily basis.
Skills and experince
- Proficiency in Employee Management
- Proficiency in leading software development and delivery teams.
- Experiece in Architecting Solutions based on Microservices Architecture using Spring Boot framework, JUnit and other Unit/Integration testing frameworks
- Proficiency in developing enterprise applications using Java EE, Spring framework and Java Design Patterns
- Proficiency in using GIT for source code repository and Maven / Gradle for build.
- Proficiency in tools such as Eclipse or IntelliJ IDEA
- Experience with Pivotal Cloud Foundry
- Experience using Jenkins for building CI/CD pipelines and using SonarQube for Code Quality
- Knowledge of Azure, GCP, Docker, Splunk, Dynatrace, Stackdriver is an asset
- Bachelor (equivalent or higher) degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline
- 2-3 years of banking/financial industry experience.
- Experience working in an Agile environment
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank's six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Developer, Java, Bank, Banking, Engineer, Technology, Finance, Engineering