Senior Java Developer
Requisition ID: 74590
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off. The Team
This position belongs to a highly skilled development team that develops and supports various applications in a growing Funding & Money Markets Technology team. The team is responsible for providing specialized analysis, design, development, and support of cost effective, mission critical, on-line, risk management and decision support systems for business users within Scotiabank IT group. The role:
The ideal candidate will be working in an agile environment and will need a passion for continuous improvement. Firsthand experience in core java development, analytics and automation of process and reporting would be of benefit. Is this role right for you?
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role?
- Work in a cross functional Agile team to deliver core business and regulatory solutions
- Build out automation of deployment and integration pipeline
- Re-architect existing silo applications into a platform of micro-services using continuous deployment
- Keep current on rapidly changing technological trends, self-leaner on new technologies and maintain an understanding of the business and technology strategies.
- Curate data source to ensure completeness and accuracy for better future reuse
- Be the change agent to advance the group through data and analytics maturity model
What's in it for you?
- A recognized degree in engineering, computer science, math or related discipline
- Experience with J2EE
- Full stack experience - infrastructure through to front end
- Expert experience with at least one programming languages: Java/Python
- Experiences with at least one database technology: Oracle, Postgres, SQL
- Experience building modern data pipelines to acquire and normalize diverse data source
- Experience with test-driven development and automated testing frameworks
- Passionate about adapting new technologies to accelerate business value delivery
- Ability to work in a demanding environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create beautiful customer experiences
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- Onsite cafeteria
- We offer a competitive total rewards package that includes a base salary, a performance bonus, company matching programs (on pension & profit sharing), generous vacation, personal & sick days, personal development funding, maternity leave top-up, parental leave and much more.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank's six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Developer, Java, Bank, Banking, Engineer, Technology, Finance, Engineering