Senior IT Developer \u2013 Production Support
Tell us your story. Don't go unnoticed. Explain why you're a winning candidate. Think \u0022TD\u0022 if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here's our story: jobs.td.com Department Overview Building a World-Class, Diverse and Inclusive Technology Team
We can't afford to be boring. Neither can you. The scale and scope of what TD does may surprise you. The rapid pace of change makes it a business imperative for us to be smart and open-minded in the way we think about technology. TD's technology and business teams become more intertwined as new opportunities present themselves. This new era in banking does not equal boring. Not at TD, anyway. OVERVIEW:
An exciting opportunity exists to join the Business Shared Services Technology Solutions (BSSTS) Financial Crimes and Fraud Management Group (formerly part of EETS). We are committed to the ongoing support of applications for the FC & FMG group and the delivery of new initiatives supporting Fraud group as well as liaising with a number of third-party vendors. This is a mixed position of development and support. The group has endless opportunities for development and diversity of work. It remains a maturing group largely due to the rate of change so the ability to adapt to change is essential, but the reward is the different opportunities to improve processes. Fraud has grown tremendously in the past few years and more and more applications look to this group to help them with there business needs. It's a growing area with every belief that this will continue.
There's room to grow in all of it. Job Description About This Role
We are looking for someone to embrace a broad range of tasks associated with developing application and systems solutions to address business challenges. Sitting in this position will help expand your knowledge, strengthen your expertise and introduce you to the inner workings of our business alongside a team of seasoned, diversely-skilled technology professionals.
Meaningful work is fueled by meaningful performance and career development conversations with your manager. Here's some of what you may be asked to perform:
Requirements What can you bring to TD?
- Be a lead person in moving Fraud Technology Solutions forward in terms of production support by leveraging enterprise capabilities such as system automation, capacity management, performance management, etc.
- Provide production support to various Fraud applications. This involves a rotational on-call requirement.
- Develop and implement application changes for small/medium system enhancements and/or fixes
- Consult, when required on all aspects of research, analysis, design, and development of technical solutions including work effort and cost estimation
- Provide technical input/resolution for assessment of live problems as required
- Demonstrate strong communications skills (written & verbal), proven ability to effectively interact with individuals across business units and at various levels within the Bank (technical, business)
- Produce and/or assist with the production of various SDLC/PMLC/Agile deliverables
Share your credentials, but your relevant experience and knowledge can be just as likely to get our attention. It helps if you have:
Education and Accreditations:
- Good knowledge of Cobol and SAS is essential and some knowledge of Microsoft SQL and VB.NET, VBA, C#, SSIS is beneficial.
- Mainframe knowledge of JCL, Endevor and CA7 is essential. Knowledge of File Transfer, Autosys, IMS, MQ, and DB2 would be beneficial.
- Knowledge of the interaction between distributed applications and Mainframe applications is beneficial.
- Service Now knowledge an asset. Notably with Problem/Change and Incident management.
- Strong research, problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently and contribute to a positive work environment on the project team. The ideal candidate would be a very strong Mainframe developer with some distributed development skills and willingness to share on call support responsibilities.
Additional Information Join in on what others in TD Technology Solutions are doing:
- College Diploma or University degree in Computer Science
- 5\u002B yrs. working experience in application support/development.
- Inspire a positive work environment and help champion quality, innovation, teamwork and service to the business.
- Learn voraciously, stretch your thinking,
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.