Senior Full Stack Developer
What is the opportunity?
RBC Business Financial Services - Technology & Operations software developers build the next-generation technologies that change how millions of people interact with financial services and one another. Our products need to handle information at massive scale, and extend well beyond traditional banking.
The RBC Business Financial Services team offers the opportunity to leverage our new large scale transformation program to develop innovative solutions to our most challenging problems for RBC's commercial banking customers. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on tough challenges and make an impact to millions of Canadians and businesses every day. What will you do?
What do you need to succeed? Must-have:
- Utilizing the latest technologies available, designing and building solutions to meet business needs
- Constantly seek out better ways to do things, new tools, new technologies, new processes
- Develop and maintain APIs and all supporting code - design and build micro-services
- Utilize technologies like Elastic, Redis, Swagger, and LogStash etc.
- Optimize applications for maximum speed and scalability - design highly scalable and extensible products
Nice to have:
- 2-5+ years' experience as a Full Stack Developer (Java Stack), Java 8, REST API/Micro services, Spring Framework (MVC, Security, JPA, Boot) Maven, SQL
- Experience with Angular 6 or 7 and experience in designing applications running in Cloud platforms such as PCF, Bluemix, AWS
- Experience with modern Web UI frameworks and strong experience with Micro Services development
- Knowledge and experience with REST API design best practices
- Employ agile development practices including test and deployment automation as well as Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery using Jenkins to improve overall execution speed and product quality
What's in it for you?
- Experience building software for the financial services industry - banking, insurance or investments
- Experience with Selenium, Protractor
- Interest and ability to learn other coding languages as needed
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients succeed. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities and achieving success that is mutual. Visit people.rbc.com
- Continued career advancement opportunities
- Exposure to strong mentorship and leadership examples
- A world-class training program in financial services
- Opportunities to be a valuable member of a close-knit, collaborative team that encourages networking
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits
- Competitive compensation
DEV http://www.rbc.com/techjobs/?utm_campaign=jobpostingupdate_tech Learn more about RBC Tech Jobs Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at http://www.rbc.com/careers/index.html rbc.com/careers. JOB SUMMARY City:
88 Queens Quay W Work Hours/Week:
37.5 Work Environment:
Office Employment Type:
Permanent Career Level:
Experienced Hire/Professional Pay Type:
Salary + Variable Bonus Required Travel(%):
N/A People Manager:
No Application Deadline:
Technology and Operations Req ID:
202607 Ad Code(s):