Senior Developer (Java / C# / .NET)
What is the opportunity?
The purpose of this role is to participate in the design and implementation of strategic systems aimed to support the Global Compliance group. The position will be responsible for implementation of those systems including their interfaces with other systems, RBC components and standard RBC infrastructure. What will you do?
What do you need to succeed? Must-have
- Design and implement system artifacts: application code, database schema and code, UI markup, unit tests, deployment scripts, operational support utilities
- Work with Business Analysts, Architects, Development leads to come up with optimal IT solutions for business problems
- Perform design and code reviews and prepare technical documentation
- Design, develop and execute unit test, system, integration and acceptance test
- Work closely with QA team to ensure high quality of the product
- Ensure adequate technical documentation and follow 'best practices' within the IT teams
- Work with infrastructure groups in requesting and implementing hardware and software.
- Work with Information Security to review and implement controls and procedures for securely handling data.
What's in it for you?
- 7+ years of experience with distributed systems development.
- 5+ years of experience with Web Application, Web Services development
- Extensive experience in database development using SQL Server 2008-2016
- In depth experience with AngularJS
- In depth experience with Microsoft.NET development using C#
- Experience with server side Java development, preferably including the Spring Framework
- Experience implementing lightweight web services and micro services
- In depth experience with TDD and automated unit testing (JUnit, NUnit, MSTest, etc)
- Good understanding of OOP design principles (Inversion of control, Dependency Injection) and design patterns.
- Web Design experience is an asset (please provide portfolio website links)
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
The opportunity to work on projects that have genuine, measurable impact: automating manual processes, re-engineering workflows and making financial analysis and reporting faster and more reliable.
http://www.rbc.com/techjobs/?utm_campaign=jobpostingupdate_tech Learn more about RBC Tech Jobs Join our Talent Community
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, and stock where applicable.
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities.
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- A world-class training program in financial services.
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at http://www.rbc.com/careers/index.html rbc.com/careers. JOB SUMMARY City:
88 Queens Quay W Work Hours/Week:
37.5 Work Environment:
Office Employment Type:
Permanent Career Level:
Experienced Hire/Professional Pay Type:
Salary + Variable Bonus Required Travel(%):
N/A People Manager:
No Application Deadline:
Technology and Operations Req ID:
201424 Ad Code(s):