Senior Developer, Investment Platforms
What is the opportunity?
As a Senior Developer on the Investment Platforms team in RBC Global Asset Management's Toronto office, you will partner directly with Investment Management teams to help deliver custom technology solutions and analytics capabilities What will you do?
What do you need to succeed? Must have:
- Participate in design, implementation, and ownership of a diverse set of technology solutions as needed to support Investment Management
- Work closely with Global Fixed Income and other investment teams to provide technology capabilities to assist with pre-trade analytics and research
- Partner with others in team, department, and broader RBC to help mature and guide adoption of our cloud and DevOps strategy
Nice to have:
- Experience with Python to build production-grade software, especially for ETL, numerical calculations, and processing unstructured data
- Experience with SQL, both for data modeling and constructing queries
- Experience with microservice architecture and cloud technologies, especially Docker and S3
- Experience with DevOps tools, especially for build/release automation and application telemetry
- Strong interpersonal skills and sense of empathy to effectively liaise between business and technology teams
- Willingness to invest time to learn foundational business terms and concepts
- Passion for continuous learning and sharing knowledge with others
What's in it for you?
- Experience with Java or C#, especially for MVC web applications
- Experience with messaging middleware, especially RabbitMQ
- Experience with caching technologies, especially Redis
- Experience with modern workflow management technologies, especially Apache Airflow
Within this environment, you will have access to career planning, coaching, and mentoring initiatives to enable you to continually grow as a developer in all aspects of the profession.
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
Join our Talent Community
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Flexible work/life balance options
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at http://www.rbc.com/careers/index.html rbc.com/careers. JOB SUMMARY City:
155 Wellington St West Work Hours/Week:
37.5 Work Environment:
Office Employment Type:
Permanent Career Level:
Experienced Hire/Professional Pay Type:
Salary + Variable Bonus Required Travel (%):
N/A People Manager:
No Application Deadline:
Wealth Management Req ID:
202133 Ad Code(s):