Requisition ID: 61806
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off. Overview
The GWMS Online Solutions team is part of the larger Global Wealth Management System development group in Scotiabank and is primarily responsible for the design and development of our ScotiaOnline Brokerage System. We are seeking a senior developer for the team in downtown Toronto. As a Senior Developer you will be working with a fully enabled agile team and contributing to develop the next generation of financial web applications. What we are looking for?
We are looking for someone who will work as a member of a dynamic Agile team developing web applications for Online Brokerage / Wealth management retail customers.
Are you the right person for the role?
- Design and develop a new generation of online finance web applications based on Cloud solutions, such as Microsoft Azure, Google GCP
- Contribute to CICD, automated development
- Be able to push yourself and team members to ensure that goals are met
- Interface with technical and non-technical team members answering any questions they may have
- Research and push new web technologies and client experiences.
- Ability to provide time estimates for your work and hit deadlines in an agile environment.
- Need excellent problem solving skils
What's in it for you?
- Computer Science Degree; or related work experience.
- Service development: Java 8 or above, JAX-WS, JAX-RS, Spring Boot, Jersey and Swagger
- Integration technology: JSON/ RESTful, XML, and SOAP services
- Development environment: GIT, Gradle , Eclipse, and Maven
- Java frameworks: Spring, JUnit, Log4j
- Database layer development: SQL, Stored Procedures, AzureSQL/Sybase
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines and DevOps automation
- Hands-on experience in Cloud MicroService and MicroApp development
- Development experience in React/Redux, ExpressJS and Jest/Mocha
- Nice to haves: Spring Cloud, JSF, and Facelets/RichFaces, Websphere
- The opportunity to join a forward-thinking company surrounded by a collaborative team of innovative thinkers.
- A great opportunity to leave your "stamp" as we are undergoing multiple exciting and forward thinking initiatives.
- A rewarding career path with diverse opportunities for professional development.
- Internal development to support your growth and enhance your skills.
- A competitive compensation and benefits package.
- An organization committed to making a difference in our communities- for you and our customers.
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a leader when it comes to inclusion. We are a diverse and global team, speaking more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible. Job Segment:
Developer, Bank, Banking, Software Engineer, Technology, Finance, Research, Engineering