Senior Data Engineer
What is the opportunity?
Risk Data Platform is responsible to manage 350+ data feeds, 50+ source systems, 300+ data quality checks and reconciliation to the general ledger. The team is dynamic and interfaces with a broad group of stakeholders and work with varieties of technology including Hadoop and in the near future Cloud. The impact of the work is significant as you will get the opportunity to build reusable components and services to benefit multiple regulatory, compliance, and strategic programs and initiatives across Risk functions. What is the opportunity?
What do you need to succeed? Must-have
- Develop quality scalable, tested, and reliable data services using industry best practices.
- Create and maintain quality software using best-in-class tools.
- Participate in complex group meetings for technical design, decision making, problem solving, implementation and strategic planning.
- Design and implement high-performance data processing models. Develop and configure Hadoop/Big Data components.
- Contribute to team discussions and stand-ups and agile ceremonies
- Assists management with hiring processes and new team member training
- Supervise engineer/development team activity and resolve any issues or conflicts
- Degree in Computer Science or related fields.
- 5+ years of experience and knowledge in JAVA application and design patterns.
- Experience with IBM DataStage or similar ETL tools.
- Experience with development tools and frameworks like Spring, Git, Jenkins, Maven
- Excellent knowledge of SQL and Linux shell scripting
- Strong desire and proven ability to tackle and troubleshoot challenging technical problems and ability do so with little or no direct daily supervision
- Experience in building robust, re-usable frameworks using Java/Scala.
- Knowledge in designing and hands on experience in developing solutions using Hive and Spark components like Spark core / Spark SQL.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with various Hadoop ecosystem components
What's in it for you?
- Hands on experience in real time data processing using Spark.
- Hands on experience in python scripting language.
- Experience with Kafka and other messaging systems
- Financial industry experience
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
http://www.rbc.com/techjobs/?utm_campaign=jobpostingupdate_tech Learn more about RBC Tech Jobs Join our Talent Community
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Opportunities to do challenging work
- Opportunities to take on progressively greater accountabilities
- Opportunities to building close relationships with clients
- Access to a variety of job opportunities across business and geographies
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at http://www.rbc.com/careers/index.html rbc.com/careers. JOB SUMMARY City:
155 Wellington St West Work Hours/Week:
37.5 Work Environment:
Office Employment Type:
Permanent Career Level:
Experienced Hire/Professional Pay Type:
Salary + Variable Bonus Required Travel(%):
N/A People Manager:
No Application Deadline:
Technology and Operations Req ID:
201710 Ad Code(s):