Senior DC Investment Strategist - Strategy Group
- Toronto, ON, Canada
- Permanent, Full time
- 20 Nov 17 2017-11-20
BlackRock is a global leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients. At December 31, 2016, BlackRock’s AUM was $5.1 trillion. BlackRock helps clients around the world meet their goals and overcome challenges with a range of products
BlackRock is a global leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients. At December 31, 2016, BlackRock’s AUM was $5.1 trillion. BlackRock helps clients around the world meet their goals and overcome challenges with a range of products that include separate accounts, mutual funds, iShares® (exchange-traded funds), and other pooled investment vehicles. BlackRock also offers risk management, advisory and enterprise investment system services to a broad base of institutional investors through BlackRock Solutions®. As of December 31, 2016, the firm had approximately 13,000 employees in more than 30 countries and a major presence in global markets, including North and South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East and Africa. For additional information, please visit the Company’s website at www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock_news | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
- Product expert during meetings with Canadian clients, prospects, consultants, advisors and platforms. Additionally, the candidate will cover some US clients. Client responsibilities include marketing, messaging, and most importantly, an in-depth understanding of the underlying investment philosophy.
- Engage clients and distribution partners: Develop a network of client relationships and lead/attend client and prospect meetings, including pitching for new business, portfolio reviews, portfolio construction and performance.
- Deliver highest quality investment communication to a wide range of clients & prospects, including ad-hoc requests and editing/checking of RFP/RFIs
- Support broader DC Strategy team reporting and commentaries
- Represent BlackRock at DC industry conferences and events
- Shape the direction of product and sales strategy and assist the marketing group in gaining a strong understanding of product features/benefits
- Work with the broader investment strategy team to drive product evolution of our of DC product suite.
- Monitor effectiveness: Develop and maintain metrics for tracking production, product pipeline, meeting initiation, quality of interactions and follow-up with existing client relationships.
- Assist with product development on new and existing products in Canada and US
Skills & Qualifications:
- Proven ability in a sales/business development role
- Ability to develop strong and trusting relationships with both internal and external clients
- Team approach – coordinate between various groups within a firm
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Strong capital market foundations
- High level of self-motivation and flexibility
- 10+ years relative work experience
- MBA, other advanced degree and/or CFA designation preferred
- DC experience preferred
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.