Senior C# Developer - Full time in Miami
- Toronto, ON, Canada Toronto ON CA
- Permanent, Full time
- 14 Sep 18 2018-09-14
**** Position is Full Time in Miami USA ****
We are a private investment firm. Founded in 1989, we have built our business on making sense of complex data with cutting edge research to actively trade in the global financial, commodity and equity markets.
Our trading approach is quantitative and systematic in nature and is based around statistical modeling of market processes. Our success can be attributed to a disciplined trading approach, a relentless drive to research new and existing ideas, and the focus and dedication of our staff.
We are looking to complement our development team with a talented Senior Data Visualization Developer (.NET/C#) to help drive the development of new visualization tools. You will work on a relatively new C#/WPF based charting application. The charts are used to visualize time series data to aid data integrity checking and pattern extraction to help understand financial models better. You will be working within a group developing custom software infrastructure so if you have an eye for detail and a track record for producing high-quality software then we are the place for you. You will work full time from an office in Miami in one of our sub-contractor premises.
- Work with a small team of local and remote developers to develop and manage a C#/WPF based desktop application, that is fairly young since inception.
- Technical lead and first line of support for the new charting app.
- Maintain high quality and performance at all stages of development.
- Commitment to standards and conventions agreed upon internally.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering discipline.
- Minimum 5+ years development experience with Microsoft Visual C#/.NET/WPF.
- Proficiency with multithreaded code, in-depth knowledge of data structures, and common design patterns.
- Familiarity with SQL using Microsoft SQL Server, including stored procedures.
- Experience creating high performance graphics applications, especially related to visualization.
- Excellent communication skills in English that facilitate strong engagement with a team that includes senior management.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Detail-oriented with good organizational skills.
Compensation and Benefits
We offer an internationally competitive compensation commensurate with the successful candidate’s skills and experience. Work hours are flexible and informal.
Candidates will be asked to consent to background checks and will undergo a variety of technical and personality tests.