Senior BI Platform Engineer
What is the opportunity?
As a Senior BI Platform Engineer you will be responsible to help build out the BI Technologies platforms (Datameer, Dataiku, SAS, ThoughtSpot, Tableau, MS Reporting Services, Oracle BI, etc.) as part of the Big Data platform for the Enterprise. The role will put BI platforms in place meeting high performance, scaling to large user volumes, and high volume concurrency. The successful candidate will work with senior management to influence and impact across the enterprise in promoting the BI and Analytics strategic direction across the enterprise. Develop and support the use of the BI Centre of Excellence policies, tools, and best practices across the enterprise. What will you do?
What do you need to succeed? Must Have
- Install, configure, coordinate and plan of BI technologies
- Support Business and Technical teams with expert guidance and consultancy in all matters relating to Business Intelligence, Analytics, and Reporting
- Conduct technology research, evaluate BI software and produce strategy/direction papers
- Manage and administrate the Enterprise BI Platforms (i.e. servers, operations, upgrades, plans, etc.)
- Identify and recommend performance tuning and optimization opportunities within the BI environment
- Create and contribute relevant content and materials to the BI CoE
Nice to have
- Extensive Linux/Unix background, shell scripting
- Excellent scripting skills and experience with automation
- Extensive design, development, and implementation experience in an environment utilizing one of the following BI technologies: Datameer, Dataiku, SAS, ThoughtSpot, Tableau, Microsoft Reporting Services, Oracle BI, etc.
- Expert knowledge in BI tools integration and architecture.
- Proficient in SQL and Knowledge of Relational database concepts and design
- Redhat Linux 6/7 on VMWare, experience with Java and Hortonworks Data Platform (HDP)
- Exposure to Docker containers and Knowledge of enterprise middleware and security tools and standards
- Extensive design, development, and implementation experience in an environment utilizing the following BI tools: Tableau, Dataiku, SAS, Datameer, Oracle BI, Analysis Services, etc.