Senior Associate - Capital Markets Treasury & Balance Sheet
Management of liquidity and funding risk in BMO Capital Markets, including the monitoring and reporting of funding activity, collateral usage, liability diversification, intra-day collateral and payments activity. Ensure compliance with Bank policies, standards and guidelines as the first line-of-defence. In this capacity, work with the Lines of Business (LOBs), Corporate Treasury, and Enterprise Risk & Portfolio Management to ensure the safety and soundness of BMO Capital Markets through oversight and management of liquidity and funding risks.
Assess impacts of liquidity and funding risk related to regulatory requirements, internal risk metrics, and business strategy, as well as, recommending actions to senior leadership of Capital Markets to optimize the balance sheet under various binding constraints. Participate as team member accountable to build new technology infrastructure to support monitoring, reporting and analysis of Capital Markets balance sheet.
Qualifications Qualifications Knowledge:
- Accountable for BMO Capital Market's liquidity and funding risk management, monitoring and reporting processes as the first-line-of-defence;
- Monitor for adherence to Corporate Policies, Corporate Standards, and Corporate Guidelines;
- Working closely with Technology & Operations, to design, develop and implement analytic models which support oversight of liquidity risk in BMO Capital Markets;
- Produce timely and accurate management information related to funding activity, collateral usage, liability diversification, liquidity coverage ratio, net cumulative cash flow and net liquidity position.
- Produce meaningful ad hoc analysis of balance sheet impacts under various scenarios related to capital, liquidity, and funding;
- Participate as team member on projects will help improve/optimize the performance of Capital Markets businesses under various binding balance sheet constraints;
- Develop liquidity and funding stress scenario testing to mitigate potential risks;
- Work closely with LOBs on business initiatives to identify and proactively manage any potential liquidity and funding exposures/opportunities;
- Work with LOBs to ensure compliance with liquidity and funding limits and guidelines;
- Prepare reports for senior management and risk oversight of Capital Markets on liquidity and funding risk; and
- Participate in and facilitate periodic audits by Internal Audit, external parties and regulatory agencies.
- CPA, MBA, or CFA (or comparable);
- 3 - 7+ years' experience, with exposure to one or more of the following: liquidity and funding measurement and management, capital management, treasury markets, collateral management, business process improvement and financial reporting;
- Understanding of international financial markets and banking & broker/dealer regulatory environments;
- Working knowledge of trading and settlement systems, loan systems;
- In-depth knowledge of MS Office suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Access) including but not limited to VBA and SQL.
- Experience and understanding of liquidity and funding principles, market and credit risk management practices, funds transfer pricing principles, financial instruments, and Trading Products operations;
- Understanding of international best practices in capital, liquidity and funding management, and process improvement.
We're here to help
- Ability to understand and analyze complex financial products and transactions (i.e. derivatives, secured financing transactions, structured products, and fixed income);
- Ability to assist in development of analytical models and decompose complex transactions;
- A desire to work in high-pace environment;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and flexibility to re-prioritize and manage conflicting demands;
- Relationship management / internal client focus;
- Strong process and change management skills; and
- Strong presentation skills.
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do - helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future-the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we're changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.