Senior Asset Control Specialist - Fixed Term Contract
- Toronto, ON, Canada
- Contract, Full time
- MFS Investment Management
- 19 Feb 18 2018-02-19
Using discretion and judgment, a Senior Asset Control Specialist assists in the day-to-day operations of the Asset Control Team. A Senior Asset Control Specialist is responsible for the daily cash and position reconciliation’s of Institutional clients and retail mutual fund accounts, as well as the investigation and resolution of any resulting exception items.
1. Reconciles cash and assets (including shares/par, market value, cost, etc.) between MFS and custodians on a daily basis, using software as appropriate.
2. Researches all differences with custodian and resolves differences in a timely manner, with a focus on more complex accounts and issues, working with other areas of Global Investment Support, such as trade settlements, as appropriate.
3. Ensures accuracy of system by working with the Global Client Administration team to update the portfolio accounting system daily for all appropriate adjustments.
4. Review daily and month-end reconciliations for accuracy, completeness and timeliness, assisting the Asset Controller’s with resolution of exception items as necessary.
5. Monitors foreign currency balances and overdrafts, assisting the team to ensure appropriate repatriation.
6. Identifies potential risks, workflow inefficiencies and suggests improvements.
7. Assists in developing, writing, implementing and auditing procedures and processes.
8. Assists with user acceptance testing of new systems/processes/procedures, provides coverage as assigned and trains new employees on daily tasks.
9. Performs additional duties as requested.
1. Bachelor's degree in business or equivalent work experience.
2. Minimum 3-5 years related experience is preferred.
3. Comprehensive understanding of investment products and investment operations is desired.
4. Advanced Frontier and Portfolio Accounting system skills desirable.
5. Experience in training new employees.
6. Exhibits independence and autonomous work habits (researches issues independently).
7. Consistently resolves complex reconciling issues.
8. Regularly communicates with other departments (settlements, GCAT, CO-AC, etc) at MFS on ACT Teams behalf.
9. Assist other team members in meeting group deadlines.
10. Proactive in resolving ACT Team issues (strong team player).
11. Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
12. Proficient written and verbal communication abilities.
13. Solid analytical skills and attention to detail.
14. Ability to interact with individuals at all organizational levels.