Senior Analyst, Financial Performance Management
The primary function of the Senior Analyst, Financial Performance Management is to assist the Corporate Expense Planning & Analysis team with the monthly and quarterly financial close process, planning, forecasting, management reporting, and various analyses supporting the development of financial strategies and assessment of overall financial performance of corporate functions which include HR, ERPM, Marketing, LCCG, Audit, AML, Finance, EI3 and Other Corp
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
Month & Quarter End:
- Run monthly reporting of actuals by expense type to support timely and accurate analysis, reporting and sign-off of the corporate function results
- Develop relationship with LFOs, Controllers and business partners to build an understanding of the assigned functions or business and provide insight and solutions to any issues
- Analyze and document variances in results for quarter end briefing note for Enterprise CFO
Planning and Forecasting:
- Assist in the development of monthly run rate forecasts for expense and FTE for assigned function or business
- Design and implement changes to forecast model and system templates
Other / Value Add Activities:
- Perform financial analytics to support strategic decision making and deliver insights into optimal resource allocation using BMO Financial Group financial systems (e.g. WebMPM, Essbase, etc.)
- Collaborate with LFOs and business partners to identify opportunities and issues and brainstorm solutions
- Identify and support implementation of process improvement initiatives
Currently in pursuit of one or more of B. Commerce, CPA, CFA
Previous Finance experience with BMO Financial Group or another financial institution an asset
Expert Excel skills is required
Quick learner and strong critical reasoning skills
Highly efficient and results oriented
Strong knowledge of financial & accounting concepts
Self-motivated and able to meet tight deadlines with conflicting priorities
Excellent interpersonal skills We're here to help
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do - helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future-the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we're changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.