Senior Analyst, Finance - First Nations/Metis/Inuit Candidates
We invite all experienced and aspiring First Nations / Metis / Inuit professionals to apply to roles featured on BMO's Indigenous Careers landing page, as well as all of those on BMO's Careers page. Qualified First Nations / Metis / Inuit applicants applying through these postings will be considered for open job vacancies, where they exist, or added to our Indigenous Talent Network and matched to other upcoming opportunities.
This is part of BMO's ongoing commitment to Indigenous applicants. Our recruitment team will reach out to those selected for further consideration.
The Financial Analyst is accountable to manage the financial & business analysis to support the design, development, and implementation of business solutions that drive measurable business outcomes, and provide value added ideas, advice and recommendations on financial matters including future course of action to support strategic decision making within the business / function they support. In addition, the Financial Analyst will assist the business/function they support with the development of the annual financial plans and quarterly forecasts for the business, and development of financial strategies to ensure overall financial performance. Financial Analysis & Model Delivery
- Develop/utilize high quality financial models as required by the business / function to support strategic decision making, providing meaningful insights to the business and continually offering value added ideas, advice and solutions.
- Support the successful application of financial solutions to business solutions and the transition to the business for implementation and measurable financial results
- Provide and document monthly analysis of the condition of various areas within the business / function for financial information packages.
- Develop monthly run-rate forecast at a business/group level to support overall financial performance monitoring.
- Participate in interviews, brainstorming sessions and worships with key stakeholders to identify business objectives
- Participate on projects and act as a subject matter exert to ensure financial information is reported completely and accurately
- Build strong relationships and provide value add advice to clients to ensure financial results are well understood and business results optimized.
- Support business / function group financial performance management activities, providing business group decision makers with financial information, advice and counsel.
- Manage and refine approaches within the function/process by ensuring required policies, processes and controls are implemented and adhered to
- Identify control risks and gaps; ensure appropriate action plans are in place to address the risk
- Foster an environment of continuous improvement towards processes and procedures to identify process improvements/new ideas and adopt best practices
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in a Finance function in financial services
- Must have a bachelor's degree or diploma in Finance/Business/Commerce, data sciences, engineering, or mathematics
- Completed an accounting designation e.g. CA, CGA, CMA
- Exhibits critical thinking skills, analytical and integrative skills
- Demonstrates solid communication skills (Both written and verbal
- Familiarity with structured and unstructured data sets and building finan cial models
- Possess knowledge of design and analysis methodologies to work in an agile environment
- Familiar with one or more industry leading data and analytics tool sets including but not limited to - TIBCO Spotfire, TIBCO BPM, SQL, SAS and Tableau
We're here to help
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do - helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future-the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we're changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com/ .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.