Senior Analyst, Credit Risk Analytics
The Senior Analyst, Credit Risk Analytics is accountable for executing improvement initiatives across BMO's enterprise risk capital and stress testing area, specifically the SAS platform. This includes enhancements to help SAS operate more efficiently and effectively, translating business needs into business and data requirements and SAS capabilities. This role delivers high business impact given it is accountable for supporting required improvements/capabilities for the total bank credit portfolio at the enterprise level ($496B as of October 31, 2012) that impact the bank's capital demand. This role also coordinates activies across a multitude of stakeholders, within and across Operating Groups, Risk, Finance, Economics, T&O, vendors, etc. Establish and formulate business requirements and capabilities necessary to support credit risk analytics across the Operating Groups, Material Risk Groups, and RCMD (45%)
Support the Credit Risk Analytics Requirements and Capabilities (45%)
- Gather and document credit risk analytics infrastructure requirments and the deliverables.
- Identify opportunities to improve credit risk analytics infrastructure in a more efficient and effective manner across the enterprise. Provide timely, insightful, forward-looking, and actionable recommendations to enhance the credit risk analytics infrastructure solution.
- Develop and recommend alternatives/enhancements for the credit risk analytics infrastructure projects, that improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the SAS tools.
- Support an improvement agenda for continuous improvement of business processes and procedures within the scope of the team's responsibilites. Support continuous improvement of the broader RCMD organization and risk analytics processes.
- Increase the effectiveness and efficiency of existing operational methods and workflows by identifying and implementing process improvements.
- Expand the knowedge set by understanding a range of practices regarding credit risk management, coverage, and usage among peers in the financial services industry.
- Identify implementation approaches, tools, and processes for the credit risk analytics projects.
- Support the development of prototypes or ad-hoc reports using the SAS platform based on emerging business needs or risk analytic needs using new and efficient approaches.
Training / Business User Support / Knowledge Transfer (10%)
- Act as business advisor to technology team for implementation of wholesale and retail credit risk management models and processes.
- Support strategic and operational guidance to group's within and outside of Corporate Risk Management on matters related to credit risk analytics, economic capital, regulatory capital, and capital demand processes.
- Provide support in responding to Internal/External Auditors and Regulators on matters involving the credit risk analytics infrastructure on current and future deliverables.
Qualifications Knowledge & Skills:
- Provide business user support including responses to inquiries, information, and training support; proactively manage the communications and business support process.
- Develop and provide training materials and knowledge transfer to the SAS platform business users.
We're here to help
- Some experience with quantitative coding using at least one programming langua
- Degree in a quantitative financial or S.T.E.M. discipline
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to executive audiences
- Capacity to cope with a high degree of ambiguity and change
- Ability to work both independently and as part of cross-functional teams
- Capacity to blend quantitative/theoretical thinking to resolve most technical and conceptually ambiguous issues/situations with sound business judgement
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment and undertake, execute and deliver on time multiple concurrent projects
- Must be detail oriented while working under the third party/cross-functional dependencies and tight deadlines pressure
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do - helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future-the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we're changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.