Tell us your story. Don't go unnoticed. Explain why you're a winning candidate. Think \u0022TD\u0022 if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here's our story: jobs.td.com Department Overview
Market Risk & Model Development (MRMD) is responsible for managing the ever-changing and dynamic world of trading and non-trading market risk, counterparty credit, margin management, liquidity risk and model development. Within
MRMD, Capital Markets Risk Management (CMRM) is accountable for supporting TD Securities and TBSM business objectives in accordance with TD\u2019s risk appetite and regulatory expectations. CMRM provides independent oversight of enterprise wide market, counterparty credit and liquidity risk; ensuring all significant risks and results are appropriately measured, reported and transparent to senior management.
As a Senior Analyst in CMRM - Risk and Valuations, you will be part of a group that is responsible for a number of activities related to the analysis and reporting of market risk, liquidity, Independent Price Verification, Valuation adjustments, P&L Attribution, and policy implementation. The team executes infrastructure changes with regards to the implementation of new or revised risk policies, system migration, model implementations, valuation methodologies and analysis of the key measures used by The Bank to monitor and control market and liquidity risk. CMRM is a global business supporting offices in Toronto, Calgary, New York, Singapore, Dublin and London. Job Description
- Support the risk appetite of the bank, by providing guidance and monitor day-to-day operations within the team, regarding Liquidity Risk. Ensure all analysis is complete and accurate with thorough commentary, while escalating issues in a timely manner.
- Effectively challenge, propose and champion projects to improve efficiencies, in order to provide more effective business support.
- Understand system and model changes, its results, and impacts, to our risk and valuation processes.
- Take ownership and challenge process designs to effectively and efficiently deliver changes.
- Establish appropriate review and assessment of the quality of outputs based on business standards. This includes Risk and P&L Valuation outputs for your business. Foster an environment which allows the team to escalate matters effectively and efficiently to mitigate risk, while adhering to CMRM standards and Process Risk and Controls Self-Assessments.
- Support in identifying innovative opportunities and help drive these initiatives.
- Evolve analytical and attribution capabilities and business knowledge, and develop skills required for today and future, while understanding, identifying and responding proactively to current and emerging risks.
- Collaborate with business partners which includes, sharing knowledge and identifying opportunities to leverage complementary skills. Partner with our stakeholders to drive and support change and to assist in meeting the bank's objectives.
- Develop and maintain a good understanding of the analytical principles underlying the pricing and risk management of financial derivatives, including issues that arise regarding financial modeling of products for Risk and P&L Valuations.
- Help facilitate leadership, direction, advice and empowerment of the team, alongside management. Develop analysts through cross-training, indirect coaching (Leading by example) and acting as the go-to person for daily processes and ad-hoc tasks.
- Work alongside management during the recruitment process. Help identify high caliber candidates that will integrate successfully within the team.
Skills and competences Requirements
- Ability to develop and mentor individuals within the team, through cross-training.
- Ability to demonstrate strategic thinking, problem solving, and analytical skills; can see the \u0022big picture\u0022 in a complex environment through excellent judgement
- Strong communication (written & verbal) and inter-personal skills to facilitate working with colleagues at all levels of the Organization
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and manage multiple deadlines and priorities
- Proactive and highly motivated, willing take the initiative, and able to manage unstructured activities.
- An enthusiastic, positive and cooperative individual who can work independently and function well in a team environment.
- Strong conceptual skills and attention to detail
- Experience with Market and Liquidity Risk measurement and reporting including metrics such as: LCR and NCCF
- Knowledge of financial instruments, regulations and market risk metrics, gained through academic study, or practical experience.
- Risk, Valuations and/or reporting systems knowledge is an asset.
- Proficient with MS applications
- VBA/Phytom or Alterix programming and SQL knowledge is an asset to develop, modify and continually improve the risk management infrastructure used to capture and analyze risk
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in Risk Management, Business, Economics, Mathematics, Finance, (Engineering, Physics, Computer Science) or other quantitative disciplines.
- Pursuit or completion of CFA/FRM is an asset.
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.