Senior Algorithmic Developer 1
Requisition ID: 72170
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off. The Team
The Quantitative Trading Solutions group develops and operates Scotiabank's equity algorithmic trading systems, portfolio trading applications, ETF market-making operations and related technology systems. We are located with the electronic equity trading desk on the 65th floor of the Scotia Plaza building. The role:
We are seeking a talented software developer lead to join our team and contribute to a range of projects, including enhancing our algorithmic trading platform, liability risk / hedging analysis, incorporating machine learning into our systems and improving our use of data and trading workflow tools.
This is a great opportunity to gain exposure to all aspects of electronic trading, including algorithmic strategies, trader workflow, market structure, and low-latency trading.
We will consider a range of experience levels and adjust role, compensation, and title accordingly. Is this role right for you?
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role?
- Design, develop and test low-latency trading systems capable of reliably handling large volumes of market data and orders.
- Design, implement analytics and automation platform for the electronic and institutional cash equity desks
- Design, develop and test algorithmic trading and order routing strategies to execute large equity orders at the best possible price while minimizing market impact.
- Analyze system performance and trading results to find ways to improve efficiency and client executions.
- Perform 2nd level support of production trading systems to troubleshoot and quickly resolve any issues or questions.
- Provide execution reports to traders and clients to demonstrate trading performance and convey execution details.
- Develop and maintain a strong knowledge of equity trading strategies, technology and market structure.
What's in it for you?
- Strong programming background, ideally including developing real-time event-driven applications.
- Algorithmic design and trouble-shooting skills
- Motivated to learn and keep developing one's skillsets
- Knowledge or experience with development tools and languages such as C++, Java, Streambase, SQL, Python or similar languages.
- Experience in machine learning or relevant course an asset
- Understanding of execution Algos (VWAP/TWAP/POV) and how they are benchmarked (percentage of volume, slippage, market impact, passive executions, lit/dark executions).
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and team management skills to effectively manage team resources.
- Ability to work efficiently in a noisy and distracting trade floor environment, shifting effectively between development and production items.
- Background in related topics such as FIX, market data, trading applications, and market microstructure would be beneficial.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills to bridge between technical content and business objectives
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create beautiful customer experiences
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- Dress codes don't apply here, being comfortable does
- Onsite cafeteria
- We offer a competitive total rewards package that includes a base salary, a performance bonus, company matching programs (on pension & profit sharing), generous vacation, personal & sick days, personal development funding, maternity leave top-up, parental leave and much more.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a leader when it comes to inclusion. We are a diverse and global team, speaking more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible. Job Segment:
Bank, Banking, Equity, Developer, Software Engineer, Finance, Technology, Engineering