Quantitative Analyst and Risk Manager
- Competitive and Negotiable
- Toronto, ON, Canada
- Permanent, Full time
- 28 Nov 17 2017-11-28
FCMI is a private family holding company involved in a variety of businesses. The Quantitative Analyst and Risk Manager will be responsible for monitoring and managing risk associated with internal assets invested in publicly listed securities.
The duties of the Risk Manager will include:
- Designing and implementing an overall risk management process for the organization.
- Performing real time risk assessment, both at an individual trader level, and at aggregate portfolio level.
- Monitor and enforce risk and concentration limits, and play an active role in establishing effective limitations on trading activities.
- Monitor trading activities for manipulative or deceptive practices.
- Produce profitability reports for management.
This is a new position, within a new division, and as such the role will be developed over time. A qualified applicant will be self-motivated and creative, able to tackle new challenges and come up with solutions. We are open to both junior and senior applicants and will set the title and compensation of the role according to experience and skill set. In either case, the individual will be given both support and time to grow into the role.
An ideal candidate will possess these qualities:
- An undergraduate degree or above in Quantitative Finance, Physics, Statistics, or another quantitative field.
- Experience working with statistical and numerical techniques and developing quantitative models.
- Expert knowledge of portfolio risk management, capital markets products, methodologies, and financial analytics.
- Strong programming abilities in an object-oriented language.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good attention to detail.