Quality Engineering (QE) Lead
What is the opportunity?
As a Quality Engineering (QE) Lead, you will be accountable for driving quality and champion defect prevention/early defect detection. You will be accountable for maximizing test coverage and using business analysis techniques to optimize testing activities. You will be responsible for developing and executing test plans for ecosystem/program/large projects (might assume planning execution accountability). You will lead the technical test effort and coaching junior resources. What will you do?
What do you need to succeed? Must-have
- Responsible for managing project test activities and aligning to RBC Quality Engineering practices while partnering across IT and with assigned business lines to plan functional and nonfunctional testing activities and responsible for managing project resources and vendor coordination
- Effectively communicates and builds rapport with team members, stakeholders and business partners using a variety of techniques and collaboration from initiation to close
- Promotes collaboration and partnering to develop and meet core project objectives and provides coaching to team members on QE, Agile, DevOps and applicable RBC processes, practices and tools
- Supports and executes Performance Management processes by providing feedback on resources and ensuring development plans & performance reviews are in place and supports senior management in the development of workforce skill sets in order to meet transformation needs and achieve strategic goals
- Responsible for developing project/program test plans and strategies with a focus on optimized coverage for assigned programs/projects through the application lifecycle and managing end to end quality project activities
- Responsible for maximizing automation for all project deliverables and for following defined processes and tools and alignment with overall QE strategy and framework
- Responsible for creating/executing and maximizing automation of complex test cases for assigned programs/projects through the application lifecycle, including multi-level tests to exercise full functionality of an AUT, e.g. service-level, component and UI tests (functional)
- Responsible for modelling system behavior/attributes performing model optimization to improve scope and functional coverage and maintain models as business requirements change• Responsible for utilizing service virtualization tools to enable early testing
What's in it for you?
- 4 to 7 years of Quality Engineering experience, with some technical leadership experience in a variety of environments (cloud, distributed or mainframe, business workflows and services/APIs, databases)
- Experience in DevOps operations (with tools like Jenkins) and test integration, processes and tools (ALM, JIRA, etc.)
- Hands on experience working with Non-Functional Testing tools (HP LoadRunner, JMeter, HP Fortify, application monitoring tools (Dynatrace, AppDynamics), etc.)
- Hands on expertise in a variety of test automation frameworks/tools (e.g., Robot Framework, TestNG, SOAPUI), and script development using scripting languages (e.g., Perl, Python, Bash, etc.)
- Hands-on programming experience (e.g., Java, C, SQL DB querying) and source configuration tools (GIT, SVN, MKS, etc.)
- Experience reviewing artefacts including code reviews (application and test automation scripts)
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Opportunities to do challenging work
- Opportunities to take on progressively greater accountabilities
- Opportunities to building close relationships with clients
QAA http://www.rbc.com/techjobs/?utm_campaign=jobpostingupdate_tech Learn more about RBC Tech Jobs Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at http://www.rbc.com/careers/index.html rbc.com/careers. JOB SUMMARY City:
180 Wellington St W Work Hours/Week:
37.5 Work Environment:
Office Employment Type:
Permanent Career Level:
Experienced Hire/Professional Pay Type:
Salary + Variable Bonus Required Travel(%):
N/A People Manager:
No Application Deadline:
Technology and Operations Req ID:
201761 Ad Code(s):