Quality Assurance Specialist
Qualifications Core Knowledge:
- Prepares and implements core initiatives with complete test strategies.
- Develops test automation suites, design frameworks, and define standards.
- Ensures that systems and software are functionally appropriate, technically sound and well integrated.
- Oversees several test projects simultaneously and provide scheduling support to operations
- Ensures the quality of the products that the IT Department delivers, working closely with all applications, common services/middleware, and infrastructure teams throughout the development/engineering lifecycle.
- Designs, develops, executes, and maintains test plans of infrastructure, common services/middleware, data, and applications in various environments. Records and documents testing results (including anomalies and issues) and compares them to expected results. Detects solution failures so that defects may be discovered and corrected. Generates historical analysis of test results and maintains a list/repository of defects.
- Reviews and interprets all documentation related to testing, including business requirements and functional and design specifications, to provide input to the project team on the planning of testing activities.
- Provides immediate response from a quality assurance perspective to production program problems
- Interacts with key stakeholders to analyze and deliver on testing needs that reflect the needs of both the business and end-customers.
- Reviews, evaluates, and derives requirements for testability.
- Designs, develops, executes, and maintains testing strategies and plans to ensure stability and efficiency enabling a seamless customer experience.
- Executes and verifies test cases as part of the overall functional testing of Information Technology products as well as reporting defects and test results to the stakeholders.
- Ensures that systems and software are thoroughly tested.
- Recommends approaches to streamline and integrate technological processes and systems in the organization to improve overall efficiency and improve the bank.
- Embraces new processes, systems, technology, and operations (including agile) and expanded capabilities for flexibility and performance.
- Ensures the accuracy and consistency of test results through documentation processes. Follows BMO's SDLC process.
- Communicates the overall quality of a deliverable and ensures metrics are used to drive delivery and identify any areas of concern.
- Researches and recommends alternative actions for problem resolution.
- Employs productivity aids in all aspects of assignments to accelerate delivery.
- Participates as an active stakeholder in every initiative driving quality based on fact-based metrics
- Ensures development teams unit testing practices are in place and confirms core criteria met prior to integrated testing delivery
- Proactively provides improvement opportunities to the team to enhance the customer experience
- Drives the testing automation capabilities
- Identifies opportunities to strengthen the capability at BMO, such as: sharing expertise to promote technical development, mentoring employees, building communities of practice and networks across technology.
- Stays abreast of industry technical and business trends through participation in professional associations, practice communities & individual learning.
- Generally 4+ years of work experience in IT, quality assurance/software testing or business environment
- B.S./B.A. in computer science, engineering, information systems, or business along with relevant experience.
- Review Logical and Physical Data Model, Data Mapping and Design Documents with SME's. Preferred experience in testing data models in Netezza, Oracle and SQL Server.
- Execute ETL Code, load QA environments and execute Test Cases to validate ETL code, load of database and requirements. Preferred experience running Ab-Initio code.
- Proficient level of knowledge in domain
- Understands the scope of complexity that exists across business value, technology, and interaction models.
- Communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Analytical skills for problem solving as it relates to quality assurance.
- Knowledge of the SDLC, testing concepts, methodologies, metrics, automated testing frameworks and BMO documentation standards.
- Understanding of the BMO applications and infrastructure components.
- Problem solving skills including the ability to troubleshoot and identify problem areas throughout testing.
- Collaborate well with others.
- Able to translate technical concepts into easy to understand terms.
- Able to analyze data and use testing metrics to highlight improvement opportunities.
120 Bloor St. E. We're here to help
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do - helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future-the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we're changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.