- Toronto, ON, Canada
- Permanent, Full time
- 20 Feb 18
Quality Assurance Analyst
Location: Toronto, ON, CanadaThis role is within Moody's Analytics Learning Solutions, a client-facing business unit which designs, develops and delivers innovative learning solutions to the financial markets industry world-wide.
The Quality Assurance Analyst has ultimate responsibility for the functional quality of online training programmes developed by MA/CSI Learning Solutions. This person will work closely with members of the implementation, development and operations teams.
The role requires the ability to work closely with and collaborate with teams throughout the organization. The successful candidate will demonstrate enthusiasm for overcoming new challenges and meeting business demands within a fast-paced environment.
- Ensure thorough, timely and insightful functional testing of new course software, online learning solutions, updates and fixes.
- Execute functional tests.
- Perform exploratory testing to ensure quality of courses.
- Communicate with stakeholders and developers, to clarify functional requirements or processes.
- Track errors and corrections - ensure updates are made and seen through the conclusion.
- Make and document minor corrections to the content where a Content Authoring Tool (CAT) is used to develop the course e.g. RISE.
- Adopt best practices related to development of products, continually improving processes.
- Suggest process and execution improvements for the development of courses.
- Reproduce and analyse reported client/learner issues.
- Maintain a good understanding of the Learning Solutions product site, infrastructure, CAT tools, course configuration and setup.
Moody's Analytics, a division of Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO), is the world's leading provider of credit analysis and related tools, including quantitative credit risk models, credit analysis software, portfolio management analytics, economic research, financial data, pricing and valuation services, and specialized consulting services. Moody's Analytics also distributes investor-oriented research and data developed by Moody's Investors Service as part of its rating process, including in-depth research on major debt issuers, industry studies, and commentary on topical events.
Learning Solutions is a division of Moody's Analytics. We provide high quality professional training in credit risk analysis, wealth management, securities analysis and capital markets around the world through public seminars, corporate seminars, credentials, licensing and e-learning.
- Undergraduate/first-level degree (e.g., Bachelor's degree)
- 3+ years of functional QA experience, preferably related to online training
- Good understanding of online learning solutions
- Able to work well within the constructs of an agile process
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint)
- A background in financial services would be an asset
- Strong English language, spelling and grammar
- Multi-lingual (French) would be an asset
- Able to multi-task and work within a changing, high energy environment
- Methodical and accurate, excellent attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic
- Highly organised and efficient
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's is committed to maintaining an inclusive, diverse and accessible workplace. To this end, reasonable accommodations are available on request, and will take into account the particular accommodation needs of individual candidates. If you are selected and require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, you may send your request to AODA@moodys.com. Information provided during the accommodation process will be treated as confidential, and will be shared only to the extent required to properly administer accommodation requests.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.