QE Automation Lead
What is the opportunity?
We are looking for a hands-on QE Automation Lead with proven model testing expertise combined with exceptional business partnering skills. As QE Automation Lead, you will be accountable for driving quality and championing an early defect detection. You will be responsible for leading the technical test effort, design and development of automation scripts as well as coaching junior resources. You will be accountable for maximizing test coverage using different techniques, to optimize testing activities and developing and executing test plans. You will work closely with QE and development Teams to establish DevOps pipeline and Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery. This position is responsible for reporting status and metrics to key stakeholders and recommending process improvements for performance engineering, monitoring and managing resources. What will you do?
What do you need to succeed? Must-have
- As a Quality Engineering Automation Lead you will be involved in manual and automated testing (API, UI, Database, Elasticsearch, Kafka......).
- You will manage project test activities in alignment with RBC QE Practices
- Meet with business and technology leads to understand objectives and map out testing and automation requirements,
- Support all test activities, enhance, develop and execute manual and automated test scripts, record and track software discrepancies and issues.
- Facilitate resolution and communication across functional groups on issues and decisions.
- Work with project stakeholders and developers to ensure that all aspects of the system have proper testing coverage and overall system reliability, performance and quality.
- Ensure that all business domain knowledge and application test cases are articulated and structured well to enable swift execution by any other members of the QE team as required.
What's in it for you?
- 3- 5 years of experience in a Quality engineering with a focus on technical, automated testing in a variety of environments (e.g. cloud, distributed, business workflows, services/APIs, databases)
- 3-5 years relevant experience using test automation tools (Robot Framework, SmartBear ReadyAPI...) and ability to increase usage of automation to reduce testing manual lead times with a thorough understanding of continuous integration testing, including DevOps, Jenkins, UCD, JIRA...
- Experience with test case design at different levels (i.e. component/service, integration, end-to-end/user scenarios) and Ability to generate and develop test cases from requirements and technical specifications
- Strong understanding of testing frameworks and methodologies (i.e. Agile Management Framework, Iterative Waterfall) and best practices
- Programming experience (Python, Java) and ability to write automation scripts, Solid knowledge of SQL, databases (Oracle, MS SQL, and/or Sybase) and ability to query test data using SQL, Linux/Unix
- Good understanding of REST API and ability to automate REST API testing.
- Ability to generate and develop test cases from requirements and technical specifications.
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
http://www.rbc.com/techjobs/?utm_campaign=jobpostingupdate_tech Learn more about RBC Tech Jobs Join our Talent Community
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses, flexible benefits and competitive compensation
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Opportunities to work with the best in the field
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- A world-class training program in financial services
- Flexible work/life balance options
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at http://www.rbc.com/careers/index.html rbc.com/careers. JOB SUMMARY City:
88 Queens Quay West Work Hours/Week:
37.5 Work Environment:
Office Employment Type:
Permanent Career Level:
Experienced Hire/Professional Pay Type:
Salary + Variable Bonus Required Travel(%):
N/A People Manager:
No Application Deadline:
Technology and Operations Req ID:
199371 Ad Code(s):