Programmer Analyst with Python and Java
Requisition ID: 72803
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off. Purpose of the Job
Experienced developer who ensures delivery of VAR (Value at Risk) application, works closely with business and team members to understand business requirements that drive the analysis and design of quality technical solutions. Key Accountabilities
Successful candidate will be responsible for code development of certain components within the initative to re-engineer the existing VAR application, which is comprised of many different components currently utilizing different technology stacks. (i.e. C++, Java, Python, Oracle, Postgres, distributed computing)
Ideal candidate would be required to
Skills and Experience
- implement the business requirement from functional perspective, and ensure sound integration with surrounding components from end to end operational perspective
- design sound solutions by understanding why is the functionality needed and how is the end user going to use the functionality
- ensure the quality of the new features, while maintaining the existing functionality or system performance by building automated testing and regression suites
- 3+ years of strong development experience in Java, Python, C++ and any Relational Database programming (Postgres is preferred)
- 2+ years of strong development experience on SQL Programming (RDBMS).
- 2+ years of experience working with unix environment with Unix shell (ksh/bash)
- Hands on experience in using source control systems and deployment such as git, bitbucket, Jenkins. Strive test driven
- Experience in capital markets/banking domain is a plus.
- Proactive and curious to learn new technology and learn about business is a plus
- Masters/Bachelors in Computer Science/Related discipline.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank's six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Developer, Bank, Banking, Java, Database, Technology, Finance