What is the opportunity?
Are you passionate about bringing product ideas to life from concept to capabilities? Are you in search of new opportunities to develop amazing products in the digital space? Are you excited about working with the number one bank in Canada?
The Digital Solutions and Sales Enablement team within RBC Wealth Management is looking for someone like you to join the team! We are elevating the advisory world, by streamlining the client prospecting journey to grow client relationships across the world.
We are looking for an experienced Product Owner, to deliver value in the advisor-led process of prospecting clients worldwide. In this role, you will define the product roadmap and work closely with the development team to launch features from the product backlog that advisors would benefit from using worldwide. You will have the opportunity to work with a range of technical teams and accelerate RBC Wealth Management's Digital team growth. What will you do?
What do you need to succeed?
- Define bold and clear product visions and communicate 'the story' effectively to key team members, stakeholder and executives, outlining both the customer and business value
- Leverage data (e.g., application, research, analytics, market) to make informed decisions and to craft meaningful success criteria
- Play a key role in building out a high-performing team that works effectively across functions and businesses
- Owning the end-to-end product strategy from inception and will work with design to create a seamless customer experience across all channels and touchpoints
- Build backlogs of product features and oversee the effective management of those backlogs
- Ensure the continuous improvement of backlogs ensuring all items are clearly described, estimated and prioritized
- Ensure user-centric design considering user needs and usability test results, while using market and industry knowledge to deliver a well-positioned product
- Work in partnership with UX/UI, Prototyping & Innovation, Analytics and technology teams to build modular and reusable solutions
- Minimum of 5+ years of product management and/or business development experience in technology driving product discussions, market scans, user experience research efforts, software development, and delivery
- Experience in product, program, and/or project management leading cross-functional teams in delivering new product capabilities
- Experience managing internal and external partners that contribute to the delivery of products
- Experience communicating and presenting project status updates to senior management
- Experience working in a scrum team and delivering software under the agile methodology
What's in it for you?
- Demonstrated ability to lead through social rather than authoritative influence
- Proven track record of successful product delivery demonstrating value to end-users
- Demonstrated ability to independently and collaboratively solve problems
- Strong data analysis skills; the ability to extract and synthesize data in order to make data-backed business decisions
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Flexible work/life balance options
- Opportunities to do challenging work
- Opportunities to take on progressively greater accountabilities