Platform Software Engineer
Requisition ID: 72490
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off. The Team
Data is the key to analytics; as we continue to expand our analytic capabilities, our investment in our data platform is increasing. This has led to us expanding our Data Platform team to accelerate the onboarding of data across Capital Markets and Risk Technology, and by increasing the level of automation of onboarding and other DevOps processes across the platform. The role:
We are seeking a seasoned Software Platform Engineer, who will help design, build and operate our internal platform that helps our business deliver working and reliable software.
As a Platform Software Engineer in GWRT, your job is to enable other developers while keeping systems available and performant. Is this role right for you?
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role?
- Deploying, automating, maintaining and managing all stages of Technology solution/development life cycle including prototyping/inception, testing, and production.
- Work collaboratively with software development teams in building core data platform solution including high availability, active/active deployments, integration with points with critical systems, managing multitenancy, etc.
- Work with teams to build automated devops pipelines
- Work with technology teams across Capital Markets and Risk Technology to assist in onboarding into the platform
- Provide input into solution design, development, build & deployment management and operation processes, and help to automate and streamline our processes.
• Experience with Kafka, ElasticSearch, Nifi, Kibana, and Hadoop platforms
• Strong knowledge of DevOps tools and best practices such as CI/CD , Docker, Kubernetes, and an interest in industry trends.
• Experience with automation/configuration management using either Puppet, Ansible, Chef or an equivalent for Continuous Integration and Deployment.
• Programming experience in one or more of the following: Python, Java, C#, Web Services and API development with strong scripting and automation skills, with OOD experience will be preferred.
• Passion to maintain top development best practices both personally and across the team
• Agile - not as the "process of Agile", but actually living the principles
• Interested in not only being the best individual performer, but working across the division on improving the overall technical capabilities of the group through hosting of internal training, lunch and learns, tech talks What's in it for you?
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create beautiful customer experiences
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- Dress codes don't apply here, being comfortable does
- Onsite cafeteria
- We offer a competitive total rewards package that includes a base salary, a performance bonus, company matching programs (on pension & profit sharing), generous vacation, personal & sick days, personal development funding, maternity leave top-up, parental leave and much more.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank's six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Software Engineer, Developer, Bank, Banking, Engineer, Engineering, Technology, Finance