Platform Engineer (Data Integration)
Requisition ID: 85235
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off. The Team
In partnership with the Data Office and our IT partners the Enterprise Technology Data team supports the banks data office with tooling, projects and IT operational support. The Role
The Platform Engineer will play an active role on the team by collaboratively assisting, analyzing to architect, design and development of data platforms using tools and technologies such as DataStage, Talend for Big Data, Informatica, Talend Ingestion, Talend pipeline, Hadoop, Erwin Data Modeler, Erwin DI, Apache Spark, DevOps, Kubernetes, Containers and SQL. Some of the key accountabilities include:
What you will need to succeed:
- Responsible for the design & configuration of highly available enterprise data applications & platforms.
- Process data from the ingestion point into the enterprise data lake (EDL) until the star schema (dimensions and fact tables) as well as data delivery to the outbound processes.
- Rationalize the relationships expressed in the logical data model to the schema of the physical data store Lead, plan and build quality Conceptual, Logical, Physical and Semantic Data models for Operational Data Stores, Data Warehouses and Data Marts using tools like Erwin.
- Must be well versed with deployment or automation of pipelines
- Building technology relationships by interacting closely with the Enterprise.
- Application development - manage release activities, conduct code review sessions, and carry out data validation exercises and User acceptance criteria compliant. Issue resolution, Performance tuning, change management and scheduling.
- Design and build semantic layer to enable data platform for all business intelligence reporting and Analytics needs.
- Knowledge/experience with Talend for Big Data, Talend, Talend Ingestion, Talend pipeline, Hadoop, Erwin Data Modeler, Erwin DI, Apache Spark, DevOps, Kubernetes, Containers, SQL - Installation / Configuration and Troubleshooting.
- Knowledge/experience working with DevOps Tools like Docker, Kubernetes on multiple IT platforms (Windows, Unix/Linux, Cloud Computing).
- Reconcile multiple data sources and data models into a single, logically consistent model
- Map data sources to data models including required transformation logic, business rules and data cleansing rules
- Understand Technical Architecture, build logical & Physical data model, ETL designs, participate in design review forums and validate the solutions
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with ability to analyze situations/problems systematically and deliver effective right-sized solutions in a timely manner
- Identify and resolve small to medium complex production problems. Monitor and analyze supported services to identify opportunities for improvement and recommend solutions.
- Experience with managing and coordinating team activities for multiple initiatives
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Experience with providing application support in a multi-site environment
Is this role not the exact fit?
- We are technology partners who help the business transform how our employees around the world work
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- We foster an environment of innovation and continuous learning
- We care about our people, allowing them to design how they work to deliver amazing results
- We offer a competitive total rewards package, including a performance bonus, company matching programs (on pension & profit sharing), and generous vacation
Sign up for our Talent Community to stay in touch; we'll let you know when we have new positions on the team
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank's six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Database, Data Analyst, Bank, Banking, Developer, Technology, Data, Finance