What is the opportunity?
The platform engineering team believes in automating everything, making data-driven decisions, minimizing friction for platform adoption and most of all embracing change. We believe in collaboration, collective ownership and continuous improvement. Our team is supporting multiple large scale initiatives across the business from personal and commercial banking, investor and treasury, wealth management and insurance.
As a platform engineer you will be responsible to build out various big data platforms using Cloud, Hadoop and Container based technologies for real-time stream, batch processing and analytics. This role will take on challenges of scaling out systems for performance and multi-tenancy across all dimensions using cutting-edge technology. What will you do?
What you need to succeed? Must have
- Work on large scale clusters on premise and in the Cloud
- Scale out clusters and services to many use cases and hundreds of applications
- Design and build resilient and highly available multi-tenant solutions
- Deploy and test out new technologies such as Openshift, Graph databases and GPUs.
- Desire to grow and learn Cloud based big data technologies
- Automate and secure everything
- Embrace change
Nice to have
- Experience with distributed systems, designing and building for resiliency and performance
- Experience with building platforms on AWS and/or Azure cloud
- Experience with container based platforms
- Automation via REST APIs and Python
- Linux Administration (CentOS, RHEL, Ubuntu)
- Experience with network administration
- Experience with system and network security best practices.
- Open mind, a desire to learn and to be challenged
- Sound judgement
What's in it for you?
- Experience with Spark, Hadoop, Kafka and Storm
- Experience with NoSQL databases like HBase, Cassandra, SolR
- Experience with Hortonworks Data Platform (HDP)
- Experience with data science platforms such as Jupyter and CDSW
- Experience with Ansible and Git
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
http://www.rbc.com/techjobs/?utm_campaign=jobpostingupdate_tech Learn more about RBC Tech Jobs Join our Talent Community
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- A world-class training program in financial services
- Opportunities to do challenging work
- Opportunities to take on progressively greater accountabilities
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at http://www.rbc.com/careers/index.html rbc.com/careers. JOB SUMMARY City:
88 Queens Quay W Work Hours/Week:
37.5 Work Environment:
Office Employment Type:
Permanent Career Level:
Experienced Hire/Professional Pay Type:
Salary + Variable Bonus Required Travel(%):
N/A People Manager:
No Application Deadline:
Technology and Operations Req ID:
203121 Ad Code(s):