Operations Control Specialist
The Canadian Operations is currently a 7 person team. The team supports the back office activities for Equity, FX and Money Market, Loans & Futures products for Canada. The team is responsible for the entire lifecycle of a trade from trade collection along with lifecycle event management, internal/external reconciliations (trades, securities and cash), operational controls and critical metric/KRI metrics production.
- Ensure operational controls around Equity, Loans, Futures, Cash Management and Regulatory Reporting are executed.
- Support line management in continuous improvement of the processes, align control framework with risks identified.
- Reconciliation of exchange, inventory and intercompany accounts on T+1.
- Ensure FX accounts are balanced and exposures are covered.
- Request funding from banking affiliate to ensure the appropriate depositories/bank accounts are funded to facilitate trade settlement, issue wire payments and cheques.
- Open client accounts and maintain/update client information and standard settlements instructions.
- Satisfy regulatory and in-house reporting requirements, including metrics for management.
- 2+ years experience with trade management and trade settlement of Canadian and US equities. They are proficient in the reconciliation process with a good understanding of dividends, corporate actions and stock lending activities.
- Work effectively in a fast-paced team setting to meet internal, market and regulatory deadlines.
- Possess a post-secondary degree in business, economics or related field.
- Proficiency in MS Office. Knowledge of Tableau / Alteryx considered as a plus!
- Outstanding knowledge of post trade systems, SWIFT, Arrow, CDS, DTC.
- Excellent interpersonal, time management, written and verbal communication skills!
- Analytical abilities and aptitude in problem-solving.