- Toronto, ON, Canada Toronto ON CA
- Permanent, Full time
- Wellington Management Company, LLP
- 25 Apr 18 2018-04-25
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 50 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
The Global Relationship Group, GRG, has an opening for an Office Administrator in our new Toronto office. This person will work as a member of a four-person team and will serve as the main administrative point of contact for our Canadian clients. The successful Office Administrator is someone that is a self-starter as this role will be integral to the successful opening of our Toronto office. The ideal candidate will also be detail-orientated, professional and work well in a fast paced environment with little to no direction.
The responsibilities of this job include both general office management as well as administrative assistant support for the Managing Director, Account Manager, and Analyst.
Administrative/Executive Assistant responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Diligent coverage of telephone lines
• Proactive calendar management
• Travel coordination including itinerary, transportation, and hotel and expense reimbursement
• Extensive meeting coordination using Outlook and WebEx; includes liaising with assistants in other Wellington offices and provided added support the broader, non-Toronto based, Canadian relationship team
• Meeting preparation including printing and binding presentations; crafting agendas and distributing briefing memos ahead of client meetings
• Coordinate quarter end client reporting with Boston based client service team
• Assistance with the planning and coordination of investor roadshows in Canada, including the tracking and organization of all logistical details related to the event
• Maintenance of our client relationship management database, Salesforce, including entering meetings, updating contact information and running reports on a routine basis
General office management responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Assist in all aspects of opening the Toronto office to ensure a smooth transition for all involved
• Maintain the relationship between Wellington and the landlord of the building
• General office organization including ordering supplies, keeping areas clean and maintaining relationships with clerical suppliers
• Liaise with property management regarding office set-up and maintenance
• Assist with annual office budget process
• Coordinate Business Continuity Planning (BCP) for the Toronto office with additional support from the Boston office
• General office maintenance tasks including office supply orders, invoicing, etc.
The Office Administrator will ideally have at least 5 - 7 years of relevant professional experience, strong inter-personal skills and is a self-starter. This role is ideal for someone that has an interest in working with our clients all while managing and maintain the opening of our new office in Toronto. An undergraduate degree is required. French speaking skills are not required, but will be viewed as a positive.
A qualified candidate will also possess the following:
• Strong business maturity
• Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
• Strong service orientation; reliable, consistent, proactive
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, prioritizing effectively
• Ability to flex across a wide range of responsibilities
• Attention to detail
• Ability to handle high-level client and prospect contact with good judgment
• Solid work ethic and positive attitude
• Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word; willingness and propensity to learn proprietary systems
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management considers all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at Wellington@icareerhelp.com .