What is the opportunity?
Opportunity is Middleware Developer - DataPower, WMB/IIB, Java. We are looking for a Developer to bolster our team. You will be joining a dynamic development team in Technology and Operations. The ideal candidate will have a development background with exposure to DataPower and/or WMB and/or Java, and will be passionate about this opportunity.
Apart from your technical knowledge and curiosity, your interpersonal communication skills, and the ability to articulate and enunciate complex concepts will be other strong assets that will help you succeed in this position.
This role will act as member of team in building and maintain a cohesive unit across technology and business with a culture to meet and exceed expectations. What will you do?
What do you need to succeed?
- Participate in project delivery process, research and recommend new solutions
- Design, develop and test existing/new applications with an ownership of full delivery cycle.
- Write unit tests, mocks, participate in code reviews
- Perform change management activities such as source code management, creating activity records for production implementation, creating implementation plans, etc.
- Effectively communicate with project team members, stakeholders and other IT teams such as application development, middleware and infrastructure teams.
- Support on a rotational program the platforms we develop for.
- Hands-on experience with one of the middleware technologies such as DataPower and/or WMB/IIB
- Hands-on experience with Java (Spring Boot and/or other frameworks) and any type of cloud infrastructure
- Experience with Security technologies such as: X.509 certificates and mutual authentication, tokens (OAuth, SAML, Kerberos, LTPA, etc)
- Experience with enterprise formal development processes
What's in it for you?
- Experience as developer on ISAM platform (WGA, EAI, AAC, PS)
- Experience with Client facing Applications (HTTP/S, SNI, sessions, cookies, authentication and authorization, SSO, etc), network topologies (firewalls, load balancers, DNS)
- Agile development experience, DevOps experience, at least minimal stack (GitHub, Jenkins, UCD or equivalent)
- Banking/Financial background
Within this environment, you will have access to career planning, coaching, and mentoring initiatives to enable you to continually grow as a developer in all aspects of the profession.
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
http://www.rbc.com/techjobs/?utm_campaign=jobpostingupdate_tech Learn more about RBC Tech Jobs Join our Talent Community
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Flexible work/life balance options
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at http://www.rbc.com/careers/index.html rbc.com/careers. JOB SUMMARY City:
88 Queens Quay W Work Hours/Week:
37.5 Work Environment:
Office Employment Type:
Permanent Career Level:
Entry Level Pay Type:
Salary + Variable Bonus Required Travel(%):
N/A People Manager:
No Application Deadline:
Technology and Operations Req ID:
202277 Ad Code(s):