Manager, Transformation Delivery
Requisition ID: 74680
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off. The Team
The Technology Transformation team is responsible for driving several large initiatives to enable change across the global technology organization in support of the Bank's strategic objectives. The Role:
The Transformation Delivery Manager candidate will apply their leadership capabilities, experience and knowledge of project management methodologies, tools and governance to support these critical initiatives. The role participates in managing the project portfolio roadmap and engaging Executive stakeholders to accelerate delivery of value. Is this role right for you?
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role?
- Reporting to the Director, Technology Transformation Initiatives and working with cross-functional business and support functions leaders, the Transformation Delivery Manager will:
- Lead the identification, documentation, assessment, and monitoring of project dependencies, risks, issues, providing recommendations and documenting decisions
- Engage with business and IT stakeholders, deep diving into workstream issues to drive resolution
- Contribute to the development, implementation and sustainment of effective governance processes, including portfolio optimization, and manage project to plan, to swiftly address key risks, issues and changes arising through the program
- Manage the creation of reports for various committees, including and up to the Board
- Contribute to portfolio intake, funding and approval, status monitoring and reporting, risk identification and escalation, change control and closure and value assurance/sustainment
- Assist in the identification, evaluation and prioritization of projects and allocation of resources based on value to the business, changing functional needs, risk exposure and interdependencies
- Provide guidance to project delivery teams to develop integrated project plans including adequate work breakdown structure, key inter-dependencies, milestones and resource allocation
- Provide best practice project delivery practices and tools, leveraging Agile approach to enable successful outcomes against stated obligations
- Ensure timely and consistent financial management and program reporting as per established standards
- Build and sustain relationships with business partners and employees to enable continuously improved business performance
What's in it for you?
- 5-7 years of working experience in leading project management and execution of large technology projects
- Experience in the financial services industry, delivering large complex projects that have significant IT and operational components is a must
- Minimum education level of a University Degree, or equivalent relevant experience, MBA a strong asset
- Proficiency in Spanish is an asset
- Exposure to complex stakeholder management across highly matrixed organizations
- MS Project proficiency, strong MS Excel skills for data capture and analysis, good MS PowerPoint skills for leadership communication
- Demonstrated Senior Project Management experience and success in leading and managing complex projects, including strong knowledge of PMO methodologies for plan, risk, issue, and decision management and reporting; PMP Designation an asset
- Demonstrated understanding and application of fundamental finance knowledge; ability to create and/or manage basic financial or forecasting models for program planning and benefit tracking and reporting
- Strong content creation and presentation skills, to clearly capture, shape, and convey messages to an executive audience
- Ability to facilitate problem solving sessions and lead executives and directors through a methodical approach to identifying, clarifying, and scoping issues, followed by solution definition and planning; strong analytical capabilities to model and solve problems individually
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create beautiful customer experiences
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- Dress codes don't apply here, being comfortable does
- Onsite cafeteria
- We offer a competitive total rewards package that includes a base salary, a performance bonus, company matching programs (on pension & profit sharing), generous vacation, personal & sick days, personal development funding, maternity leave top-up, parental leave and much more.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank's six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Bank, Banking, Developer, Manager, Web Design, Finance, Technology, Management, Creative