Manager, Financial Institutions - Credit Risk
Requisition ID: 86883
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
Reporting to the Director, the Manager, Financial Insitutions
will contribute to the sound asset growth and profits of the Bank by ensuring all credit requests are properly analyzed and adjudicated, data validated, and effective recommendations are made facilitating decisions within reasonable/requested time frames. The Manager will support the business development process by providing advice/guidance to banking officers as it pertains to the complexities of deal structuring and formation. What you'll do in this role?
What we're looking for?
- Provide high quality and timely service to business units globally.
- Ensure prompt and timely adjudication of credit applications and periodic/annual reviews to ensure that credit applications submitted to senior/executive management and to credit committee are analyzed accurately, support information is completed and sound recommendations are made in a concise form.
- Transaction analysis including developing an understanding of the risk management and transaction suitability taking into account such aspects as accounting and funding implications.
- Administer accounts and ensure the ongoing quality of the credit portfolio by keeping abreast of external developments (via review of industry/economic trends), Bank policies and procedures.
- Ensure periodic/annual reviews and risk ratings are updated on a timely basis.
- Provide accurate data in a timely manner as requested by the various Bank offices/departments to satisfy regulatory and quarterly reporting requirements (e.g., Basel III, SOX, and OSFI).
- Communicate the terms and conditions of credit authorizations accurately and on a timely basis.
- Ensure the Bank's credit database is accurately maintained on a timely basis.
- Work on projects and special reviews as assigned by senior management.
- Post-Secondary Education completed. MBA, CMA, CFA or CA Designation or equivalent industry/credit analysis experience is a strong asset.
- Financial statement analysis and ability to conduct in-depth credit assessments of financial institutions, including forward-looking projections and stress testing.
- Solid understanding of derivative products, lending products, sovereign (cross border) risks, deal structuring, due diligence & documentation, legal & accounting principles.
- Ability to learn and apply credit analysis frameworks to complex financial institutions across multiple accounting, legal and regulatory jurisdictions globally.
- Knowledge of the financial sector and the main business activities of financial institutions, and ability to keep abreast of the quickly changing accounting, legal and regulatory landscape.
- Ability to keep up-to-date with new products and developments in financial services markets.
- Ability to make decisions and appropriate recommendations to senior management and effectively support such recommendations.
- Customer focused, strategic thinking, communication and relationship building skills.
This position is located at King St W, downtown Toronto
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank's six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Credit, Risk Management, Financial, Law, Banking, Finance, Legal