Lead Application Software Developer
- Lead the design, develop, implement and maintain BI reports and dashboards using the SAP Business Objects platform based on user requirements
- Lead project and team meetings, interacting and collaborating with team members and other departments during the project planning, requirements and execution phase, document meeting minutes and design decisions, provide a developer's perspective in the meetings and contribute to the timely delivery, design, and quality of various work artifacts
- Participate in testing (e.g., User Acceptance Testing, Regression Testing and System Integration Testing) activities in order to support bug fixes, identify anomalies and misunderstandings, and provide clarity surrounding the interpretation of the requirements
- Participates in the testing of new releases, upgrades or patches of the SAP Business Objects platform
Nice to Have:
- BS/BA in business, information systems, computer science, engineering or math and/or 3-5 years of work experience in an IT or business environment
- Experience writing SQL queries
- Strong knowledge and experience on the SAP Business Objects BI suite
- Experience working with multidimensional data providers
- Ability to analyze and resolve multiple complex problems
- Ability to work effectively in a strong team-oriented environment
- Delivery focused, self-motivated, goal oriented
We're here to help
- Understanding of Business Objects server configuration, security, scheduling and distribution strategies
- Previous work experience in a financial institution
- Experience with programming on the BOBJ API with Java
- Experience working with financial data
- Other BI experience - Essbase, Microsoft Power BI, SAP Business Warehouse
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do - helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future-the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we're changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.