Junior Talent Acquisition Partner
- Not Specified
- Toronto, ON, Canada
- Permanent, Full time
- 27 Nov 17 2017-11-27
Invesco Ltd. is a leading independent global investment management firm, dedicated to helping investors worldwide achieve their financial objectives. By delivering the combined power of our distinctive investment management capabilities, Invesco provides a wide range of investment strategies and vehicles to our clients around the
Invesco Ltd. is a leading independent global investment management firm, dedicated to helping investors worldwide achieve their financial objectives. By delivering the combined power of our distinctive investment management capabilities, Invesco provides a wide range of investment strategies and vehicles to our clients around the world. Operating in more than 20 countries, the firm is listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol IVZ.
The Junior Talent Acquisition Partner will work closely with our internal organization in helping them with identifying candidates for various positions in client services and operations. Under limited supervision will use knowledge and skills obtained through training and experience to provide professional recruiting services in a high volume environment. Develops a strong network of talent through various methods including: company database, internet sources, social media and networking within the larger community. Building a strong relationship with the internal clients and maintaining regular contact with them is critical to the role.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Meets with internal clients to discuss upcoming talent acquisition needs and to develop a multi-faceted recruitment strategy
- Sources active candidates from various resources including: online databases, internal databases, employee referrals, etc.
- Sources passive candidates through networking (LinkedIn), cold calling, and Internet research, etc.
- Screens all candidates for qualifications, interest level, compensation, relocation needs, and availability, etc.
- Screens and interviews candidates using competency based behavioral interview techniques to ensure candidate matches all specifications of the position including organizational fit and job fit
- Refers selective short list of candidates to hiring manager; makes recommendations regarding hiring of candidates and participates in all stages of the selection process
- Educates candidates on the total value proposition of the company including the company’s benefits, career development opportunity, and variable pay structure
- Recommends compensation packages to Management based on candidates qualifications, negotiates offers with candidates
- Maintains necessary files covering applications, interviews, and testing procedures
- Proactively researches and investigates innovative sourcing strategies
- Supervises interviewing, testing, and hiring processes to ensure adherence with all provincial and federal legislation
- Works with departments to ensure that expenditures comply with budgetary limitations
- Arranges travel and lodging accommodations for applicants coming from distant locations
- Checks credentials and references and schedules follow-up interviews with company supervisors
- Establishes and maintains relationships with hiring managers to stay abreast of current and future hiring and business needs
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Minimum of 1 year recruiting experience, in corporate or agency environment
- Experience recruiting in a high volume environment is preferred
Financial Services recruiting experience preferred, but not required
- Use of LinkedIn as a recruiting tool is preferred
- Exposure working with Taleo is preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, or related field required
- Local, provincial, and federal regulations related to employment
- Effective interviewing practices and techniques
- Principles, practices and procedures of human resources administration associated with employment, compensation and classification
- Needs assessment concepts and processes
- Facilitation and presentation methods and techniques
- Experience managing multiple recruiting assignments within an Applicant Tracking System
- Operating standard office equipment and using MS Office applications to produce correspondence, reports, electronic communication, spreadsheets, etc.
- Compensation analysis and offer negotiation
- The ability to recruit for remote and multi-site locations
- Verbal and written communication
- Creative thinking and writing proficiency
- Organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail
- Interpersonal skills necessary to build strong and productive personal relationships at all levels of the organization
- Ability to work under stress, prioritize and complete a high volume of work, managing multiple projects and coordinating multiple requests to successful completion
- Build and maintain a vast network of professional relationships over a long period of time
- Demonstrated ability to maintain strict confidentiality and judgment sufficient to handle sensitive employment issues
Invesco is committed to fair and accessible employment practices. If selected for an interview, we will work with you to ensure that your interview is accessible and accommodation is provided. Please contact us at email@example.com or 1.800.874.6275 to let us know if you require accommodation for an interview due to a disability.