RBC is in the process of changing how people think about and interact with the bank on a daily basis. No longer do we want to be transactional and episodic, but instead find interesting ways to be a part of everyone's daily lives in some way. In order to achieve this, RBC Ventures will be thinking and acting like startups to find interesting new ideas that will be in many cases, completely unrelated to traditional banking products. What We Are Looking For...
- Look outside for opportunities to disrupt from within and continually expand what is possible through technology
- Work within a cross functional team aimed at delivering high valued solutions
- Code, test and implement back end solutions to meet business needs
What do you need to succeed? Must Haves:
- You think digital first and believe all customer experiences should be simple and effective
- A creative problem solver that can develop a plan, take ownership of tasks, and are outcome focused
- A team player, technical mentor, keen to coach others and share ideas with your team
- An exceptional communicator able to articulate technical issues in plain language
- You keep up to date on web and back end development trends and understanding how it applies to our customers' needs
- You understand web and application security
Nice To Haves
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in a computer or design related program
- 4+ years experience with backend development in Node.js building API / Microservices.
- Strong understanding of, microservices, REST API development, database development, authentication (OAuth), AWS components and tooling
- Experience with source control (e.g. Git, SVN) and working with data-handling using AJAX, JSON, and REST API
- Github account with a Portfolio for demonstration and review
What's in it for you?
- Experience with CI/CD tooling
- Experience with other languages/frameworks (Go, .NET, Java)
- Experience building and deploying solutions to cloud infrastructure including AWS (CloudFormation)
- Experience working with startup companies and working in an agile environment
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
• A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
• Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
• Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
• Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
• A world-class training program in financial services
SFDG RBCVentures http://www.rbc.com/techjobs/?utm_campaign=jobpostingupdate_tech Learn more about RBC Tech Jobs