- Toronto, ON, Canada
- Permanent, Full time
- 11 Dec 17
Location: Toronto, ON, CanadaThe Intermediate Accountant works under the direction of their immediate manager to ensure accurate financial statements.
• Executes, with limited assistance, the daily procedures for their accounting areas or entities, including communications with the different lines of business, reviewing daily transactions, identifying accounting changes, coordinating with other accounting teams, Jvs and affiliates, or outsourced accounting firms, and ensuring timeliness of deliverables.
• Liaises with various departments to obtain accounting transaction support.
• Analytically reviews accounting transaction support for issues.
• Performs detailed transaction analyses to calculate journal entry amounts.
• Records monthly journal entries based on US & local GAAP.
• Ensures accounting transactions are recorded to the proper chart of accounts (i.e. legal entities, accounts, departments, currencies, etc).
• Prepares monthly balance sheet reconciliations and identifies and resolves reconciling items, with assistance from their direct manager.
• Prepares monthly account variance analyses.
• Applies accounting judgment when calculating journal entry amounts, using the chart of accounts, identifying reconciliation items, and performing account analyses; detailed review with direct manager.
• Proactively identifies accounting issues to their direct manager.
• Gathers supporting documentation for internal and external audits.
• Assists in the preparation of additional account analysis for Internal Audits, External Audits, and ad-hoc requests.
• Assists in the preparation of or prepares reports for external statutory and regulatory reporting.
• Understands internal control policies and Moody's Global Accounting Policies (MGAP) with respect to their procedures.
• Additional duties/projects as assigned by your manager.
Global MA Rev Acctg/Billing
•Must have a bachelor's degree in Accounting.
•2-4 years accounting experience (preferably in a large multi-national company or in a major CPA firm).
•Basic knowledge of SEC reporting requirements.
•Knowledge of Microsoft Office.
•Knowledge of a major financial system (preferably Peoplesoft)
•Competent written and verbal communication skills.
•Strong organizational skills, analytic skills, and attention to details.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.