Hadoop Developer - Toronto, ON
Requisition ID: 61246
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
Scotiabank's Wealth Enterprise Data Lake (EDL) team is responsible for building a flexible and unified data repository for all business lines within the Scotia Wealth Management. The vision is to achieve a holistic view of all clients' business relationship with Scotia Wealth Management and with Scotiabank Canadian Banking. The most beneficial feature of the Enterprise Data Lake lies in the consolidation of data; a seamless process to retrieve any type of data from a single source to generate day-to-day business intelligence reports, statistics and analysis for different analytics teams.
. What we are looking for?
We are seeking a Hadoop Developer who will play an important part in the team and help the team achieve the desired goal.
Are you the right person for the role?
- Leading development efforts in ingesting and transforming data from various sources. Building scripts, writing specifications and responsible for end to end delivery of data
- Develop and test code from design specifications, as well as implement and support enhancements to applications
- Provide technical expertise in medium to complex projects as a Technical Lead capable of providing guidance and advise to the team
- Has some hands on experience working in an agile environment and knowledge of waterfall as a methodology and is able to adhere to team and organization standards.
- Works in close collaboration with Architects and other cross functional team members in creating design documents, outlining overview, diagrams, technical requirements and solution that best addresses a business needs.
- Participate in technical discussions, client meetings and presentation of solutions to the technical team members as well as Business
- Participate in code review of peers and junior team members and recommend suggestions for improvement where appropriate to ensure high quality product
- Provide leadership in production support issues and carry after-hours support phone on a rotational basis
- Develop ETL code and build packages based on existing standards and suggest improvements when possible
What's in it for you?
- 3 to 5+ years' experience in Java development or in other Object Oriented languages
- 3 to 5+ years' experience with relational databases with a good knowledge of SQL Scripting, database structures, principles and design theories is a must have
- 1+ years or more of hands on Hadoop Experience is a must have.
- Prior experience in the Wealth business arena is desired but not mandatory
- Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience.
- Any Hadoop based certification is preferred
- The opportunity to join a forward-thinking company surrounded by a collaborative team of innovative thinkers.
- A great opportunity to leave your "stamp" as we are undergoing multiple exciting and forward thinking initiatives.
- A rewarding career path with diverse opportunities for professional development.
- Internal development to support your growth and enhance your skills.
- A competitive compensation and benefits package.
- An organization committed to making a difference in our communities- for you and our customers.
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank's six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Bank, Banking, Web Design, Business Intelligence, Developer, Finance, Creative, Technology