Group Benefits Specialist, RBC Insurance
What is the Opportunity?
What will you do?
- The role of an RBC Group Benefits Advisor is unique to the industry and ideal for those with an entrepreneurial spirit and an interest in building a business. It is a hybrid opportunity that allows you to benefit from various lead generating distribution partnerships while maintaining control of the sales process. You will be responsible for selling, servicing and retaining customized group benefits solutions. You will be required to effectively build relationships with Dominion Securities (DS) clients in DS locations within your assigned territory. As part of the high net worth insurance team you will collaborate with industry leading insurance professionals to provide a one of a kind customer experience with "Concierge Service" that our DS clients have come to expect and appreciate. Market coverage will focus on the Toronto area.
- Contribute to developing a new way to distribute group benefits in Canada
What will you need to be successful?
- Partner with DS Advisors to ensure their business owner and executive clients have the most effective group benefits solutions for their organizations.
- Enhance the overall RBC value proposition by offering referred clients technical expertise while uncovering any unmet financial needs or opportunities to transfer risk
- Simplify complex concepts and guide clients thought RBC's extensive network of insurance and financial professionals
- Develop client acquisition opportunities by building strong internal & external networks and establishing yourself as a key player in the benefits community.
- Lead renewal discussions and negotiations with clients to ensure they have a sustainable offering that fits with their organizations budget, culture and strategy.
Nice to have
- LLQP (Life License)
- 3 to 5 years of group benefits sales experience
- Polished professional with experience servicing high net worth clients
- Strong presentation skills and ability to impact and influence
- A talent for listening, establishing trust with prospects, and dedicated to finding the right solutions for clients
What's in it for you?
- In addition to fluency in English, French language capabilities are an asset
- CEBS GBA 1 and GBA 2 or willing to obtain
- University Degree
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards package including flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions and Stock
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Flexible working environment with full mobility
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Financial strength and a strong brand