- Toronto, ON, Canada
- Permanent, Full time
- 26 Apr 18
Location: Toronto, ON, CanadaThe Role:
This role is within Moody's Analytics Learning Solutions, business unit which designs, develops and delivers innovative learning solutions to the financial markets industry world-wide. T he role requires the ability to work closely with and collaborate with teams throughout the organization. The successful candidate will demonstrate enthusiasm for overcoming new challenges and meeting business demands within a fast-paced environment.
The Learning Solutions graphic designer with have strong expertise in Illustrator, Photoshop and MS Office to help create custom graphics and icons and to reconstruct graphics from an existing library for web output in an online learning environment. The candidate's main responsibility will be to recreate refined graphics from outlined concepts that have already been storyboarded.
- Produce web graphics, including icons, logos, banners, tables; some layout design and image retouching may be required
- Create a look and feel that aligns with and reflects Moody's brand
- Manage graphic and table quality control for consistency in style, size and spelling
- Compress graphics appropriately for the web
- Adapt quickly to new web graphic trends and standards
Moody's Analytics, a division of Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO), is the world's leading provider of credit analysis and related tools, including quantitative credit risk models, credit analysis software, portfolio management analytics, economic research, financial data, pricing and valuation services, and specialized consulting services. Moody's Analytics also distributes investor-oriented research and data developed by Moody's Investors Service as part of its rating process, including in-depth research on major debt issuers, industry studies, and commentary on topical events.
Learning Solutions is a division of Moody's Analytics. We provide high quality professional training in credit risk analysis, wealth management, securities analysis and capital markets around the world through public seminars, corporate seminars, credentials, licensing and e-learning.
- College diploma or university degree in a field related to visual design
- Minimum 5 years of working experience in graphic design
- Experience in corporate design
- Experience in cross-media, i.e., print and video
- Experience publishing graphics to mobile outputs
- Knowledge of best practices around the use of fonts online
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Autonomous working style with a strong desire to meet deadlines
- Ability to turn tasks around quickly
- Ability to grasp instructions quickly and clearly articulate questions
- Strong ability to work with minimal supervision once direction is understood
- Ability to explain design decisions and ideas and to accept constructive criticism
- Works well with others
- Can work independently and in a team environment
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and MS Office
- Proficient in PC environment
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's is committed to maintaining an inclusive, diverse and accessible workplace. To this end, reasonable accommodations are available on request, and will take into account the particular accommodation needs of individual candidates. If you are selected and require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, you may send your request to AODA@moodys.com. Information provided during the accommodation process will be treated as confidential, and will be shared only to the extent required to properly administer accommodation requests.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.