- $49.73 - $54.50 / Hour
- Toronto, ON, Canada Toronto ON CA
- Permanent, Full time
- City Of Toronto
- 05 Apr 18 2018-04-05
Financial Analyst Job Description: The Financial Analyst is responsible for the analysis, research, preparation, review, implementation and monitoring of corporate strategic and policy initiatives, participating in multidisciplinary project-based team assignments and preparing fiscal and economic strategies related to the Division.
Job Classification Title FINANCIAL ANALYST CORPORATE FINANCE
Requisition # 2300309X
Division Corporate Finance
Section Strategic & Intergovernmental Initiatives
Work Location CITY HALL, 100 QUEEN ST W
Job Stream Accounting/Finance
Job Type Permanent, Full-Time
Salary/Rate $49.73 - $54.50 / Hour
Hours of Work (bi-weekly) 70.00
Shift Information Monday to Friday, 35 Hours Per Week
Affiliation L79 Full-time
Number of Positions Open 1
Posting Date 05-Apr-2018
Expiry date 19-Apr-2018
The Financial Analyst is responsible for the analysis, research, preparation, review, implementation and monitoring of corporate strategic and policy initiatives, participating in multidisciplinary project-based team assignments and preparing fiscal and economic strategies related to the Division.
- Develops and recommends strategic and policy positions for Standing Committee and Council approval in the areas of intergovernmental fiscal relations, capital project procurement and finance, property taxation, real estate and development proposals, corporate initiatives (e.g. development charges by-law, corporate user fees framework), and research and analytical projects (e.g. financial due diligence on RFPs).
- Performs analysis and research in support of corporate and financial policy, including review of technical and general reports, review of applicable legislation and regulations, development of numerical and quantitative models, analysis of statistical data, development of projections, design and analysis of questionnaires and surveys to compile empirical data.
- Represents the Department in discussions and negotiations with other departments and/or governments, and liaises with City staff, consultants, external organizations and the public and participates in staff working groups, committees and external groups to acquire and share information in support of cross-corporate or departmental policy development.
- Prepares committee reports, briefing notes, graphics, audio-visual presentations, summaries and other printed material (pamphlets, brochures) for staff, Council, committees, external organizations and the public to explain and describe issues or support policy recommendations.
- Develops terms of reference and supervises and reviews the work of external consultants on a project basis.
- Evaluates financial alternatives, cost/benefit analyses, business cases, etc., for corporate or various departmental initiatives.
- Conducts special operational research and analysis on corporate programs and business processes, as assigned.
Your application must describe your qualifications as they relate to:
- Considerable experience in business planning, financial management or other pertinent discipline in a large public or private sector organization.
- Considerable experience in the preparation of comprehensive reports and presentations explaining and supporting analysis, for the purpose of proposing effective strategies and making recommendations to senior management.
- Experience in conducting detailed research and analysis, and providing appropriate projections, recommendations and reports.
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite (e.g. MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access).
You must also have:
- Excellent communication (both oral and written), and interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to establish effective working relationships with employees, client departments, and outside agencies, including other levels of government at the senior management and/or political level.
- Demonstrated project management, research, analytical, problem-solving and conflict-resolution skills.
- Thorough knowledge of principles and practices employed in effective application of financial analysis of major business and government operations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of relevant legislation such as the Municipal Act, Assessment Act, Planning Act, and Development Charges Act.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct detailed or non-structured research and/or analysis and to manage projects of various terms and complexities.
- Sound judgment and ability to handle matters of a confidential or sensitive nature as they relate to Council and other senior staff, and public and personnel relations.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks under pressure, and to produce results within tight timeframes.
- Ability to work co-operatively as part of a team.
Work for the City you love
Toronto is Canada’s largest city, the fourth largest in North America, and home to a diverse population of about 2.8 million people. Consistently ranked one of the world’s most livable cities, we are a global centre for business, finance, arts and culture. Join the award-winning Toronto Public Service as a Financial Analyst within our Corporate Finance Division.
How to Apply:
For more information on this and other opportunities with the City of Toronto, visit us online at www.toronto.ca/jobs. To apply online, submit your resume, quoting File #2300309X, by April 19, 2018.
Accommodation: The City of Toronto is committed to fostering a positive and progressive workforce reflecting the citizens we serve. We provide equitable treatment and accommodation to ensure barrier-free employment in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the City of Toronto's Accommodation Policy. You can request for accommodation related to the protected grounds at any stage of the City's hiring process, i.e., application, assessment and placement.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need accommodation in applying for this position, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting the job ID #2300309X, and the job classification title.
If you are invited to participate in the assessment process, we ask that you provide your accommodation needs in advance at that time. Please be advised that you may be requested to provide medical/other documentation to Human Resources to ensure that appropriate accommodation is provided to you throughout the hiring process.